Pinned Air Battle

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • I also dont see the point of a war game were the "patrolling" planes cannot be hit by AA, but at the same nicely protect their units in the same area. Additionally, they can patrol for hours on hours without end, without the need to refuel ever.

    Whoever doesn't see this is a complete nonsense in whatever sense, simply turns a blind eye because he loves the simplistic way air battles are conducted.
  • patriota75 wrote:

    Lets look at some fight between man for example. You have two groups of man, let`s say every group has 15 man. Who would win? 15 man holding together or 3 groups of 5 attacking the first group? I would rather be between first 15 man.
    ahem.... i don't know where you get that knowledge.

    but for your enlightenment: the 15 men, huddling together in a defensive position or moving/attacking as 1 large group, will logically be wiped out by 3 coordinating teams of 5. i am not going to explain that, because it is too simple to waste ink on.

    ofc, a cow - or, for the sake of the game's name: a zebra - would rather be in the centre of the herd, hoping the neighbouring animal will get eaten instead of him (as you implied).
    but then, cows or zebras are not fighters ... and ... guess what? soldiers are supposed to be just that: fighters.

    but why am I surprised by your statement? indeed, in most games, i am surrounded by cows, which are picked off 1 by 1 (or 2 by 2 or 3 by 3) and while i get stronger, most players just hope they will get passed by and that only their neighbour will be eaten.
    luckily, for you and your likeminded, there are new victory rules and more will survive.

    but i do not play this game for those games, which just end up as a pretty boring map, wading through blood to reach the required number of points and my only real enemy is 'moral'.
    i play for those games, where the opponent(s) are up for a good fight. the games where you find your opponent to have game knowledge, tactical and strategical insight and stamina; those are the ones that bring joy to playing. luckily, for me, there a good number of those.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by _Pontus_ ().

  • atreas1 wrote:

    I also dont see the point of a war game were the "patrolling" planes cannot be hit by AA
    lack of knowledge is deadly in battle.
    equally or more dangerous are assumptions made, because of this lack of knowledge, for it should be noted that to assume makes and 'ass' of 'u and 'me'. (fyi: 'ass' as in donkey; not your 'behind')

    patrolling planes do get hit by AA and any other unit present in the patrol circle, when the patrolling plane(s) complete their circle (every 15 minutes).
  • atreas1 wrote:

    Whoever doesn't see this is a complete nonsense in whatever sense, simply turns a blind eye because he loves the simplistic way air battles are conducted.
    I beg to differ: air battles are far from simplistic.
    They are more difficult than any other, requiring more attention and knowledge than any other.

    And, because I am NOT good enough at it yet, I prefer other methods and weaponry. I am focused on not depending on air force, because of the simple fact that air battles are so bloody complicated!

    I think I have to conclude, Atreas, that we are not playing the same game. But how then, did we end up in the same chat though??
  • atreas1 wrote:

    True, it is clear you have severe lack of knowledge so it is pointless. Read first about planes not completing the patrol cycle, and then come to insult the others.
    Your remark clearly stated that patrolling airplanes do not get hit by AA. This is simply not true. So, either be complete and accurate or be accurate and complete, but refrain from saying things that apparently even you know that are not true.

    The fact that some players are less committed is an advantage to the more committed players.
    If a player can bother to put units in danger, but can't bother to check on them later on, that is not a flaw of the game, but of that player.

    If you have never shot at a moving target, please refrain from implying an AA gun should easily hit a moving plane on a recon mission. The chances, IRL,that an AA gun can hit a recon plane are less than minimal... again for simple reasons: the plane is fast and far away and it is alert and on the look out for danger. By the time the pilot spots the AA and moves, the AA gunner has not even had the chance yet to compute his shot.
    Firing an AA gun at a recon plane is quite different from firing at a plane approaching on attack or as firing on a large bomber fleet. These both have a somewhat predictable course, as opposed to the recon plane.

    In short, if the committed player keeps moving his airplanes, while the AA owner just sits and waits for results on which he checks a while later, than ofc, the committed player should win or - in this case - at least not lose his units.

    If knowledge, skill, commitment and stamina should not count in the battles we fight here, and every outcome can be simply computed, why play?
    In 1 game it took me 3 days to figure out an appropriate response to an ever growing future enemy. If I had not put the resources to it (knowledge at hand, imagination, commitment) I would not have found my answer to the threat.
    Thát is the purpose of playing this game.
    Of course, it would have been far easier to just blame the devs for not letting me win...

    In case you hadn't noticed, this is an enhanced chess game. In a chess game you also do not just throw your units at each other. You weigh your options, use specific characteristics, try to think further ahead than your opponent.

    All in all, I still have to find a game that is more balanced, fair (even against gold players), realistic, deep (in layers of knowledge to acquire and apply) and [+12 more compliments to the Bytro] out there. And mind you, I am playing strategy games since the 1980's.
  • atreas1 wrote:

    Please, can we stop here this pointless debate? I am clearly not good enough for you, neither my knowledge of English insulting words matches your vocabulary. Read on, take notice of the " symbol around words, guess its' meaning, and enjoy your game.
    I agree, here is no point to have and say your own opinion.
    "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
  • Gentlemen, this will remain a polite and civil conversation. Do I make myself clear?
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



    VorlonFCW
    Main Administrator
    EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

    >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
  • VorlonFCW wrote:

    Gentlemen, this will remain a polite and civil conversation. Do I make myself clear?
    For me this conversation is over. Also writing in forum. I do not see purpose of it if it is one sided. Knowing game mehanics is one thing, and having an opinion is totally different. But if you say something like criticism here you get bullied by someone who knows everything., natural warrior, hero... The best of the best,
    Compering people to cows would be treated like insult in my country but I see he get likes from moderators so it looks ok.
    Nobody did not answer my question . Why we have to split our planes manually? Why is not the same sbde for planes patroling over same circle divided or not. If I understand logic, sbde is that one group disturb other, so how they do not disturb other if they are in patrol over the same circle? Same number of planes on same surface.
    "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
  • patriota75 wrote:

    Compering people to cows would be treated like insult in my country but I see he get likes from moderators so it looks ok.
    Comparing the behavior of players to the behavior of a group of herd animals in this case is an abstract analogy. As this was not directed at a specific person it does not meet the criteria of an insult.

    I am closing this thread and prohibiting editing of all posts so that Dr Leiprechan can review these accusations against me.
    War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



    VorlonFCW
    Main Administrator
    EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

    >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<