Pinned Details about units regeneration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Details about units regeneration

Ground units regenerate everywhere in your own territory. This of course includes all provinces you have conquered.
      No regeneration on hostile, neutral or allied area.

Airplanes regenerate if they are based on an own airbase, even if in the air from there.
      No regeneration on carriers or allied airfields or when in the air from there.

Warships regenerate everywhere - but ground or air units never regenerate as transport ship or at disembarkation, only during embarkation from own territory.

All units regenerate also during movement or in combat, even in close combat, provided the other requirements are fulfilled, whereas healing with gold is not possible in close combat.

The regeneration takes place automatically at the day change.
      The formula for regeneration is: Damage x 0.15

Decimal places in the repair height are randomly rounded up or down.
      That's why sometimes no regeneration occurs when the existing condition is 94% or higher.
      Morale of the provinces, where in a province the unit is located, or to place an unit in a fortification has no influence for regeneration.

Some examples:
      At 1% condition >> damage 99 x 0.15 = 14.85, randomly rounded = 15 or 14.
      At 10% condition >> damage 90 x 0.15 = 13.5, randomly rounded = 14 or 13.
      At 50% condition >> damage 50 x 0.15 = 7.5, randomly rounded = 8 or 7.
      At 90% condition >> damage 10 x 0.15 = 1.5, randomly rounded = 2 or 1.
      At 94% condition >> damage 6 x 0.15 = 0.9, randomly rounded = 1 or 0.
      As at 94% to 99% condition, regeneration is always either 1 or 0.

Of course, it's also possible to spice up hard-hit units at any time by combining them with fresh ones of the same type, thereby giving all units the same condition after the mean, e.g. 1x20 + 1x30 + 1x50 + 2x100 results in 60% for everyone.
      CoW "units" are already at least squadrons or more, and when merging they divide their remaining forces comradely and evenly, as a result there is a quick redistribution but that's not yet a really regeneration.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 2 times, last by Restrisiko ().

• A frequently quoted Myth about healing is that the morale of the province matters. I believe this idea comes from the sister game S1914 where this is true.

There is NO link between province morale and the rate of healing/replenishment/regeneration. This damage *.15 formula is always followed.

A quick way to explain it is that if a unit is missing 10 hit points they will gain 1.5 hit points at day change when in a province you control.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • This is very useful! Thanks guys! I always wondered how exactly the regeneration worked.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Excellent post and spot on. I have done testing to confirm every mechanic listed above.

The one theory I did have however is that the amount healed is not randomly rounded up or down but added to the exact hit point value of the unit/stack. Thus, at times a unit that is at 94% and exactly xx.0 hp it will only be xx.9 hp after day change, remaining 94%.

Hope I explained it properly and just a theory as I have not crunched the numbers on it. I just assumed that random rounding up and down was odd and unnecessary(?). I mean, why round numbers when you can just add the exact numbers, to the tenths (xx.x).

And maybeee (just had a light bulb 8o ) that the health calculated uses the exact hp number to the tenths for the calculation and not the percentage. I will have to look into it when I have time.

Again just a theory. Regardless, so nice to see this valuable information.

Cheers
      Genghis Khanson
      Former Something or Other

> > > Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket < < <
    • Genghis Khanson wrote:

health calculated uses the exact hp number to the tenths for the calculation and not the percentage.
      It does, because we use that explanation at times when people report "zombie units"

Occasionally a unit will still be operating and moving around the map with a displayed condition of 0%

This occurs when it has 0.4 or less hit points and is displayed as 0%
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Sounds absolute logical.
      Could someone verify that precisely please? Then I could correct the information above.

When I examined the repair and healing system back then, I sometimes observed that it was not always exactly the case ..
      .. and because I was too lazy for a longer and more detailed analysis I just described it with random rounding.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Hmm, Analyzing a pattern of change in numbers that you can't see.

:)
      :|
      :(
      ?(
      8|

That might be beyond my mathematical ability. I'll have to think about how to determine that for a while.

VorlonFCW

• Restrisiko wrote:

All units regenerate also during movement or in combat, even in close combat, provided the other requirements are fulfilled, whereas healing with gold is not possible in close combat.
      I want to know if this has changed recently or not. Do units heal while engaged in combat? I've read some posts in chat written by experienced players and they say units Don't Heal while in combat.
      Please tell me what is the correct answer. Thank you.