Players can refresh units in the middle of a battle?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Players can refresh units in the middle of a battle?

So, I’m in a situation right now where I’m attacking an enemy unit with an overwhelming strength advantage (15:3), and every time their unit gets close to expiring they just up the unit’s condition back to 100%.He’s done this three times so far, in the middle of a battle.

This means that I can out strategize them and overpower them, but it just doesn’t matter. They just keep refreshing the unit, and all my units just go splat against it. It’s impossible to beat a player like this.

I’m sorry, but that’s crap.

Okay, so people want to play with gold. But is it really fair to have a player refresh their unit in the middle of a battle?
    • Units engaged in melee battle (when the red timers are above the units) can't be gold healed during the battle. If that is happening then submit a bug report. Without knowing the specifics, generally a stack of 15 units engaging a stack of 3 units in melee battle should destroy the 3 units before the battle ends and an opportunty to heal units is permitted. Aircraft can be gold healed on patrol, in the air, or on the ground except when they are in convoy and engaged in melee battle.

There are a couple of ways to join games where gold use is not allowed. One is the Player's League - this is a Bytro sponsored monthly tournament with prizes awarded to top finishers at the end of the season - season lasts six months. Gold use is strictly forbidden ... and monitored. There is a forum section with the rules and FAQs for the PL. The other way is Alliance matches where gold use is not allowed. These are a bit more informal and self regulated than the PL but requires some research to join an Alliance that fits you. The forum has an Alliance section to check out as well.
    • As Guioco said, this isn't possible, so it is rather hard for me to believe you. Units that are engaged in direct combat cannot be restored by gold.

As gold is what pays for the game and the servers it is in integral part of the game. Please refrain from speaking ill of players who use gold.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

As Guioco said, this isn't possible, so it is rather hard for me to believe you. Units that are engaged in direct combat cannot be restored by gold.
      100% correct: units currently engaged in direct, or "melee" combat (i.e., where opposing units are locked in actual direct physical combat), unit condition may not be recharged/replenished by hitting the gold-spending button. However, aircraft on patrol, artillery or naval units engaged in ranged fire are not in direct/melee combat and may be recharged/replenished at any time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• Also I checked your game. Both of your enemies are inactive, so I am 99.99% sure that the AI is not spending gold to heal units.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

so I am 99.99% sure that the AI is not spending gold to heal units.
      I have often seen relatively inexperienced players suggest that AI countries have spend gold for one reason or another. I'm pretty sure that AI countries don't have access to gold.

What intelligence AIs may have access to is another question. I have repeatedly seen AI units move away when I am moving standoff units such as BBs, artillery, railroad guns, rockets and nukes forward to attack, even though my advancing units should not be within any kind of sight range of the AI units. At some point, I would really like to have Freezy or one of the other knowledgeable developers explain this magical dynamic to me.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MontanaBB ().

• Another thing that may have happened is the battle started with 4 enemy units in the stack and when the stack health dropped to the point where a unit was lost, the overall stack health percentage increased. So if there were 4 infantry in the stack and during the battle the stack health dropped to say 74% - then 1 infantry was lost and the new 3 stack health was 99%.
    • Guioco wrote:

Another thing that may have happened is the battle started with 4 enemy units in the stack and when the stack health dropped to the point where a unit was lost, the overall stack health percentage increased. So if there were 4 infantry in the stack and during the battle the stack health dropped to say 74% - then 1 infantry was lost and the new 3 stack health was 99%.
      that’s correct. You had 4 units at a low health rate then 1 died. Now you have 3 at 100% and when 1 dies you would have 2 at 100%.
      If then unit count was staying the same and health not dropping or going up then I would suspect that he is reinforcing.