Combat in mountain terrain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Combat in mountain terrain

I noticed time and time again something very strange happening when combat takes place in mountenous terrain compaired to say hills or planes.

Taking the simplest of scenarios a stack of 8 inf attacking a lone inf defending. Assuming 100% condition for both sides, same tech level, no forts, no building what so ever and even if it is a core province for the defender the result is always the same.

When fighting in mountains the attacker always loses 1 inf and on any other type of terrain they take no losses. Technically for infantry there is no penalty of strength or hp in mountenous terrain so I cant figure out why this happens.

I have tried over a dozen times with the same result and I understand there is the x factor in combat resolution but the results I get are to uniform for this to be a coincidence. Anyone notice this before?
    • It is possible there is another factor involved in mountains that isn't apparent. The combat code is quite complex.

In my current game I just did this with 7 infantry and one armored car of mine against a single infantry in core mountains and did not lose any units of my own.

since it does it 12 out of 12 times I would almost call that expected behavior :) There are many things about this game that are not apparent from "book learning" but you learn by experience. This may be one of them.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<