Trading Provinces

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trading Provinces

I'm on day 30ish of a match where I have traded provinces on occasion at least 8 to 10 times over the course of this match. Now today, I tried to give a Metals province to an ally who was grumbling that I took a nicer Oil province (to assuage his grief). And I got a message popup saying I'm limited to 4 province trades per match.

WTF (what the fudge).

I am trying to play this game, I've been good, I follow all the rules. I win some and I lose some. But why this restriction?

OK, I get it, no more than 1 trade per day helps to prevent multi-account bad behavior, but what about the rest of us...the honest players?!?

Where did this come from and is this a glitch (perhaps) as a hold-over from an older version of this game when trading was not as well formulated?
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Must be an error of the game, Since this restriction had never seen .
      En la conversación, como en la guerra, basta resistir un cuarto de hora más que el adversario. La tenacidad vence sobre la razón, sobre la Ciencia: reduce al adversario al silencio por medio del aburrimiento.

Juan Weinberg | ES Team Game Operator

• The game only allows 4 province to trade every game, this to prevent the use of multi account. once you gave 4 province already in the match you can't give anymore, you can give it by "surrendering" (war)

It doesn't matter if your good or bad the rules are the rules. If the game say you can't trade more than 4 that's that. The rules don't discriminate right or wrong only what's fair.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • Since seeing that popup in one match, I've already traded above the 4 limit in another match.

I am somewhat infamous with allies for preferring continuous and relatively-smooth borders. I offer trades for provinces and sometimes province for province (fairly with resource valuations, etc.) with allies to achieve good looking borders.

And, yes, sometimes I'll even offer a province in trade for a resource that I'm short of. But I don't just GIVE them away, anyway.

Also, I recently sold an entire nation to another player who had been away for a couple weeks and was behind in the game. I know what you're going to say, that I should have just kicked his ass and walluped him. But I was bored and there weren't many active players left. Plus I wanted to be able to say that I can buy and sell whole nations...you know, I've become a real power broker.

Of course, I could only sell the nation one province per day. So I put a wounded light tank at one end of Finland, and 'sold' it to Sweden (I already had most of northern Europe). There were only 3 provinces with any buildings so I itemized the value of the nation, sent a bill to Sweden (who was probably flush with stuff for having been gone for a long time) and he wound up paying me about 200k Money, and 80k each of Food, Goods, Metal, and Oil, and 40k Rares. So I made him pay half up front, then I gave him 1 province and the tank and told him to drive around Finland at war with me to take it over.

I traded the provinces with buildings to prevent them being further damaged to maintain the value I sold Finland for. He kept doing it wrong at first and it wound up taking 4 days plus he ran into one of my armies early on that had evacuated Finland since he didn't understand where the border was...so I went and gave him another tank since that first one was blown up by artillery. Anyway, to make a long story short, he eventually got the rest of the land, finished paying, and we went back to peace status. And I've since invited him to take part in the final three alliance which he accepted.

I can be a softy, but I was also prepared in case of a back-stab. He had no idea of my military stance in the region, but the other player stuck to his word, accepted the trade, and wound up becoming an ally. It's nice to encounter other players who actually have at least an ounce of integrity. (Boy, I'll tell you, I've met some doozies in this game, one of whom was apparently so bad that he even got banned from the forum.)

So, there are ways around the province limit, but it can be risky just 'giving' whole swaths of territory by this method.

But I am now officially a multi-national, ultra-rich, power broker who can buy and sell any of you. I should probably change my name to UberGodFather...but Diabolical really suits me better.

Oh, and how would one go about changing their player name? I've not seen that as an option.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

I trade for RP purpose, but it's better to take and hold than giving, allies last while convenient.
      I've encountered bad guys and good guys...the way to tell which is which is by extending a little trust and see what happens. The good guys don't stop being good when it's inconvenient.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • for good guys at least, since it help ease the game, i do sometimes based my allies on reliability, i help them but if they don't help themselves well things will get messy. or inconvenient for the alliance. personally i think its better trust them a little but when they get wreck that's okay, but if there not even trying then its quite useless.
    • Not that I'm saying I did or anything, but, if one were to play their "allies" against each other, it might not be wise to admit that here -- or anywhere -- since they might see through your words next time.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • They will still take your word regardless, so long as both parties benefit. i remember back in supremacy I played Germany againts Ottomans because I would support Germany afterwards but turned out both were gutted by me and another ally, another instance is I played West againts East by allied on both sides and benefited at the end of the game.

IDK so long as they see logic and a way to benefit they will not see your political maneuvering. Unless there very paranoid.
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

They will still take your word regardless, so long as both parties benefit.
      Hm... that would make sense in most cases, but regardless of paranoia levels, a wise player will always be keen to being manipulated and can play along just enough to fool the manipulator into thinking they are not being manipulated themselves. The key is to stay three steps ahead of the manipulators and two steps ahead of everybody else.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Diabolical wrote:

V1nd1cat0r wrote:

They will still take your word regardless, so long as both parties benefit.
      Hm... that would make sense in most cases, but regardless of paranoia levels, a wise player will always be keen to being manipulated and can play along just enough to fool the manipulator into thinking they are not being manipulated themselves. The key is to stay three steps ahead of the manipulators and two steps ahead of everybody else.
      Yeah, I have done this many times before.
      It's been a while