AI diplomacy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI diplomacy

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but has anyone considered the response time when trying to "negotiate" with the AI? In particular, inactive players that are currently controlled by the AI?

I inadvertently got into a little scuffle with an AI player and I really don't have the time for it's nonsense. So now I'm being forced to take out the AI player while I've got bigger fish to fry with the other human players on the map. I offered the inactive AI player peace but it keeps attacking me. As I understand, it will (probably? possibly?) eventually accept my peace offer, but it would be nice if it didn't take so long.
    • In my personal experience, an AI country will respond to an offer of peace in 3 to 5 days the first time, and may respond in 24 hours or less thereafter. This assumes no hostile actions after the peace offer is made.

Except, of course, on the 25-player historical map, where I am still waiting on the Netherlands to respond almost two weeks after I conquered all of its Indonesian colonial possessions and immediately sued for peace. I have yet to see any AI country accept a peace offer from a human player in that game.
    • The Ai will do a counter-attack and Take back the province where the active player had before gone Inactive so you should give back all of their territory then start to ask peace. since there has low chance they attacking your already owned province.
      History shows that there are no invincible armies. - Joseph Stalin
    • I usuallly say from 2 to 8 days without combat is needed for a regular AI to accept peace. It may take longer in a few cases, as this can be based on how the AI feels about your reputation.

In order to achieve the "no combat" part you need a "cold war" kind of situation. Where the AI is scared to advance on your provinces due to your armies, but you don't have artillery bombarding them. If the AI has a lot of units and keeps trying to take your territory they will never give you peace.

MontanaBB wrote:

Except, of course, on the 25-player historical map
      I believe you enabled Elite AI in that game, which definitely pays attention to your reputation in regards to peace, and can even declare war on you if they don't like you.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I believe you enabled Elite AI in that game, which definitely pays attention to your reputation in regards to peace, and can even declare war on you if they don't like you.
      We did enable elite AI in that game. That said, my "reputation" is better than all of the other human players, and no one has yet to make peace with an AI country. Interesting problem, especially when the country that refuses to make peace is a small European country on the opposite side of the planet from my country (Australia).

There may be an ANZAC expedition to Amsterdam in the future if the AI does not see reason. There's at least two ways to end a war: (1) diplomacy, and (2) le guerre jusqu'au bout.