Commandoes SBDE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Commandoes SBDE

So is it me or are commandoes waaaaay overpowered? The unit's stats are exceptional even unprecedented no other CoW ground unit even comes close.

In and of itself that doesn't necessarily make them broken BUT considering the fact that we can stack 8 of them together now that is broken!! In my humble opinion it should be max 3 per stack before running into SBDE penalties.

Dont get me wrong I take full advantage and I abuse the heck out of them but still this should be fixed!
    • Mechanized or Motorized can deal with them and its still not mean they invulnerable again Plane and Art. They Deal more damage on attacking then Defending.Commando maybe the only melee unit that had more damage on Attacking.
      History shows that there are no invincible armies. - Joseph Stalin

The post was edited 1 time, last by XMachel ().

• I am not saying you cannot kill them but they are very hard to counter hard enough that in large numbers (max sbde) i find them broken. Specially given the fact they are available by day 10 (research on day8) and you cannot research Mech inf before day 16.

They cost nothing to upkeep and other than the rare thus cost next to nothing to produce.
    • There are also some threads that claim that commandos don't actually perform as well on the battlefield as the stats first appear.

I don't use them much, so I don't have any input.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I like to use them, but in a battle they are not that powerful. One commando unit against one infantry unit level 1 will win, but it will be on 30-50% of morale. It is good to use them in mountains, they move there fast and they are more powerful there. In towns they are effective but not effective as I expected. They attack infantry with 10 HP, and still they need about 2 hours to kill one unit. I do not get it how does COW deals with battle, but you have to have experience to see what will happen for most of units. For example, I never expected AT gun can attack tank and win with easy, but it is like that. It is ok that in defense AT guns are superior but in attack? No sense at all.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • patriota75 wrote:

AT guns are superior but in attack? No sense at all.

Well AT-Gun in real life are used for defensive not attacking.im sure before the AT-gun being positioned they already got shooted first by the enemy.
      History shows that there are no invincible armies. - Joseph Stalin
    • Yes, that I had in mind too. AT guns are hardly to use in attack, but in a game you can use it against tank and one AT gun will defeat one light tank in city for sure. it is OK in defence, but in attack?
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • XMachel wrote:

They still had chance while attaking the city again tank
      How many time has that happened?

Exactly. You can continuously send your commandos to capture cities held by a 6 stack of light tanks, and the player on the other side will still continue to fortify their provinces with more of those 6 stacks.
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • Did I understood well? One commando on 6 light tanks?
    • Never tried, I count the HP One commando need 6 hours to kill 6 tanks, while 6 tanks will kill commando in 2 hours. I did not know that. My experience with commando are bad, somehow I expected more from them. I attacked one infantry and commando did win but it had about 30% of morale. I research them only if I finished all other research I want, or if I lead country where is many mountains.