Game is great

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game is great

I had no idea where to put this.. so

So far i think after actually getting to understand some of the features of the game units etc it is really enjoyable :) it has great potential and i hope you keep it up.

Also the way you have made the units is fantastic it gave me a sense of World of Tanki when i looked on the area. Some cool features have been put in as well :D

I cannot wait for when this is bug clean or close to it :)

(google transalter was used)

Yevhen

коли ви дивитеся в шоломах України ви побачите справжню силу України.
      Коли ви дивитеся в очі українців ви побачите істинний сенс буття українського
    • you get nukes of course they'll enjoy it, but I'm a Roleplayer I see the great potential but then the cores, would be terrible for Land shuffling, we would need to be able to adjust leaders and flag, and a nicer map(detailed with historical regions like e.g. southen tirol, suddettenland, Alsace lorrain, Eupen,...) would be great to... if they get all of this in, I'm probably going to RP here and no longer in s1914
    • On the note of complexity, I've been starting to suspect that this game is some sort of cross between s1914 and Hearts of Iron 3. S1914 is great because it has great depth that emerges from striking simplicity. HoI3 is great because it has great depth emerging from complexity. So far the devs have done an excellent job balancing those two things. Should be interesting to see how they develop that further.
    • narf0708 wrote:

On the note of complexity, I've been starting to suspect that this game is some sort of cross between s1914 and Hearts of Iron 3. S1914 is great because it has great depth that emerges from striking simplicity. HoI3 is great because it has great depth emerging from complexity. So far the devs have done an excellent job balancing those two things. Should be interesting to see how they develop that further.
      Yes, this game is very similar to HOI III, but with a smaller map and less complex gameplay especially with Diplomacy, Puppet States, alliances, events, etc. It's enjoyable because is easier :D
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • Even though i start play yesterday, i love the game already, complecity = better, Supremacy 1914 was not complex because era, this one should be twice as good because of the complecity of it :)

I really hope this goes really well :)

• Thanks for your feedback.
      Our intention was indeed to give the game a bit more "depth by complexity". Especially we wanted to open the game for more than one strategy, thats why we added research.

As you said, HOI3 is a great game, but its complexity (and abundance of concepts) is quite challanging for new players. I hope we found a good balance of complexity for Call of War.
      Would you agree?
      Are there concepts that seem too complex for new players?
    • Zarathustra wrote:

As you said, HOI3 is a great game, but its complexity (and abundance of concepts) is quite challanging for new players. I hope we found a good balance of complexity for Call of War.
      Would you agree?

Yes, as I said the game is more complex than Sup but less than HOI3, making me like because I haven't to waste a lot of time to organize an entire country with dozens of provinces and an enormous army and diplomacy to do.

Zarathustra wrote:

I guess there are, since the normal player won't try to learn how to play the game, and some of those that try will find this hard. That's why I guess this game is very nice but will have few players, probably who isn't able to learn will begin a Supremacy account, or even abandon.

I can be wrong, and the game will be popular, but if that happens I guess the normal player will need more time to know all the tools of the game and start playing, dropping the average quality or gameplay.
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • Zarathustra wrote:

Once there is a manual i dont think it should be a problem, i do not know if others did this, but first thing i did was read all the information buttons and what does what to give myself a better chance against opponents who may have done it earlier.

However there are lot of people who just dive straight in and do not bother reading manual but hopefully because of how complex and advanced the game is people will take time to do so. :)

• Zarathustra wrote:

Well for any game you need to take the time to look at it, right now the hard part is the fact that we play with the supremacy mind I guess, as there you autocreate units so less worries, however like said that's the s1914 mind that still plays as in any other game I play you need to manually recruit.
      the hardest thing right now is, what research to do next lol but that's something only experience will show. which can be nice too, the people who will stay will probably stay longer then in sup because they want to test the different research ways, while in sup you usually do the same over and over again...

However I think the tutorial isn't sufficient, like said higher an easy understandable and find able (so not somewhere hiden on a forum) will aid a lot in and probably like with any game a wikia will get created, which aid in figuring out too, and if all that isn't sufficient, there is almost always somebody in chat to explain.
      SO conclusion I've not yet met anything that's to complex so far.as the tutorial covered research and recruition, however like most I think a lot of people (me including) always go over the tutorial without reading just following the arrows... so yeah first game will for every new player be a thinking and trying and learning I guess. is that bad... the depth given here makes up for that I think
    • The tutorial will definitely need to be expanded on and a manual will need to be created by the player. But soon a 'meta' will develop regarding which units suit which countries and what units are more effective in the game in general. Mass arty spam is a form of meta in Supremacy and I am sure this game will develop something like that. Player just need experience first.
    • I think the tutorial is great, it just needs to properly explain how recruitment works as it took me about five minutes to work out. The game really is quite simple but the map seems kind of squashed, I hope more are on the way.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• The tutorial is good for the first 2 days, but it should be something like ''Basic Tutorial'' and ''Advanced Tutorial''. The one that it already exists its perfect as a ''Basic Tutorial'' and it let's the new players taste the game and survive a couple of days. But for further information and further knowledge there should be an ''Advanced Tutoial'' which gives you every or most of the details of the game, how the combat system works, a recommended strategy for your first 4 days in-game, etc, etc, etc. But that would be better placed in a ''Manual'', so, the Basic Tutorial should tell you at the end ''If you want to learn more about the game, visit the Manual/Forum''

Anyway, I agree that CoW gives you a taste of HoI3, actually Im extremely happy of that because S1914 didnt gave me such feeling, my computer almost cant run any good game x.x (HoI3 gets freeze... and even Minecraft doesnt work!), but for being a browser game which allows a lot of players in a strategy scenario, it's awesome.

And if the game will get people? If S1914 can do it, CoW will do it too, of course, specially S1914 veterans; but I think there should be two focuses of players to attract for CoW: -Grand strategy veterans players -WWII players lovers -Strategy Newcomers. For this latests one there should be such tutorial I said ^^'.

Anyway, congrats to the developvers! You already made a really good game :D