Peace Treaty.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Peace Treaty.

Here is an idea: Make us have the ability for signing Peace TREATIES, not Peace like we did so far. In a seperste tab. It should give us options like resources for provinces, provinces getting split, capitol for Non-aggresion pacts etc. This should prevent spammers from declaring war basically a day after signing peace. Remember, just an idea, maybe im wrong or non-expirienced. (I had the spammer expirience)
    • Today when i played european war Germany, Russian empire declared war to me (Romania), and they sucked badly, so i captured Berlin and I didnt want to get cocky because i know they would outproduce me then they would make the line larger etc etc... so I offer Germany that i return him Berlin for 600.000 money and Non agression pact, just so i found out War again for 2 days... ?( ?(
    • Well, this calls for an unbreakable peace for a number of days, much like the initial peace period... I think that would be DARN popular.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • But a risk of contract breaches is absolutely realistic ..

chuck.png: No (rest) risk, no fun ..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Germany's invasion of Russia was under these conditions. The had a non-aggression pact, signed, sealed, and delivered. But yeah, it was breakable. The problem with this idea is man does what he wants, there are no certainties in war. Now don't get me wrong, the idea is appealing, but I really don't think they will implement it. And honestly, as nice as it would be to have that feature—I hope they don't ever implement it. Its a war game. There is no bigger enforcer in this game than you and what you can back up with your armies, allies, trust, and your word.
    • This idea is PERFECT. I love it. Sure, it was uploaded in 2018, but I DON'T CARE I STILL LOVE IT. It would add a new dimension to diplomacy, and it would add a dimension of realism into the game.
      "That's impossible! The Americans only know how to make razor blades."
      "We could do with some of those razor blades, Herr Reichsmarshall."
      Hermann Goring and Erwin Rommel
    • If we get a new feature in CoW, we call it "peace treaty", it must be like the option "peace period" at the start of a game.
      It must be a option that we can enable at the set-up of a game (maybe a Gold option) where the number of days are given. (from 1 to 10 days)

And if two nations made a diplomatic peace treaty it must be published automatically in the World Herald.

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • Why fix treaty length at game level? Why not just allow the treating partners to enter it?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • i don't know, maybe for more fun in the game - if you are able to set up peace treaty with all players around for the next 99 days, the game can be a little boring...

maybe we need a limit of contracts you can have simultaneously

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • I suggest that a treaty cannot apply for more than 20 days and the treaties you can have varies by map. This is assuming there is no point in having more than 1 treaty with a country.

100p - 10 treaties
      50p - 6 treaties
      22p - 4 treaties
      10p - 2 treaties
      "Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
    • I suggest peace treaties the following way:
      * Number of days (3 to 20) can be chosen when offering it to another player.
      * If you break it, the popularity of your country gets a big penalty (so AI will like you much less).
      * If you break it, the title of the article in the newspaper isn't "War declared" or "Perfidious attack", but "Peace treaty broken!!!" and the text of the article makes it very clear you're a ruthless power politician who cannot be trusted.
      * If entering an action that would make you break a peace treaty, you get a warning message popup saying this would heavily damage your reputation in the eyes of the world.
      * Ideally your running peace treaties should be displayed somewhere for yourself, for example as small flag of the respective countries with a timer on upper right corner of the map screen (but that would be luxury; not mandatory).
      * When signing a peace treaty, I think a newspaper article should mention that.

This way, peace treaties would be good for gameplay and would be realistic.

Note: This feature would be even better if resource trade outside coalitions would be allowed again. Then you could also offer a one-sided peace guarantee in exchange for resources.
    • Hans A. Pils wrote:

I suggest peace treaties the following way:
      * Number of days (3 to 20) can be chosen when offering it to another player.
      * If you break it, the popularity of your country gets a big penalty (so AI will like you much less).
      * If you break it, the title of the article in the newspaper isn't "War declared" or "Perfidious attack", but "Peace treaty broken!!!" and the text of the article makes it very clear you're a ruthless power politician who cannot be trusted.
      * If entering an action that would make you break a peace treaty, you get a warning message popup saying this would heavily damage your reputation in the eyes of the world.
      * Ideally your running peace treaties should be displayed somewhere for yourself, for example as small flag of the respective countries with a timer on upper right corner of the map screen (but that would be luxury; not mandatory).
      * When signing a peace treaty, I think a newspaper article should mention that.

This way, peace treaties would be good for gameplay and would be realistic.

Note: This feature would be even better if resource trade outside coalitions would be allowed again. Then you could also offer a one-sided peace guarantee in exchange for resources.
      Maybe make it so that the more you demand from the other side in a treaty, the less popular you get