5 Second lag

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 5 Second lag

There is a 5 second delay when attempting to access/send messages. This never used to happen, it is spoiling the enjoyment of the game.
      1. Why is there now a delay?
      2. Is it a known issue or the consequence of an update
      3. Hopefully it is not permanent and will be rectified

It is annoying.

If someone can explain why this is now part of the game, it would be appreciated. X(
    • I would say this is unique to you more or less. Typically late game conversations get a little bit of lag when there is a lot of history, especially trades, to load in the message window. So between your connection and your computer handling the entire conversation history I expect that is your issue.

There isn't really any way to fix it unless there was a limit on how many messages could be stored in history, but as the issue depends on the capabilities of each users hardware it still might cause issues for some at any level.

I suggest you start deleting messages, particularly trades. Additional performance can sometimes be obtained by clearing your browser cache.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thanks for your response.

But that is not the reason.

Game play is different now and the game is more laggy - I am not the only one experiencing this.

The game is now becoming painful

I just switched to mobile version, using my PC and it is smooth and lag free. So it is not my end.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Funnelroo ().

• It still sounds like a performance issue on your end, since you say:

Funnelroo wrote:

I just switched to mobile version, using my PC and it is smooth and lag free
      This shows me that the servers are operating properly, and the performance logs on the server show no issues.

Large games with a lot of units and activity mean a lot of things for your browser to keep track of and process. In some cases clearing your browser cache will improve performance, or you might try another browser. I found with my budget laptop that firefox did not run Call of War as smoothly as it did on my desktop pc, but Chrome worked quite well. Your mileage may vary. Frequent cache clearing is necessary on my laptop to keep performance where I wish.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<