playing on phone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• playing on phone

I don't have a game going right now because of time restrictions but was just curious that, if I did buy a phone with data, how big of a data plan would I need just to spend the hours a day needed in these games.

The way it was I would shorten my sleep time and then spend a little too long in the morning making me late for work, plus not getting stuff done at home that needed doing, but at sometime in the future I want to work some more games in. To be competitive I think I would need to log in several times a day and thus need my own phone and data plan.

Just playing one game at a time has my full focus and it blows my mind the number of people who can wield 10 games at a time and be good at it. That makes me think I could get better with less time per visit, but I still think I would need allot of visits.
    • First you want to buy a High Command subscription. That means the build queue works for you even when you don't log in every few hours. That really cuts down on the babysitting during the day.

So then you will need to log in on your phone and start research on schedule, and to direct some of your attacks if you are in a battle. I like using artillery with High Command fire controls I can do a lot of cleanup of areas without paying a lot of attention. Set stacks including artillery to agressive fire and march them through enemy land, they stop and bombard from range any units they find. Of course other players or AI can rush at you, so proper defense of your artillery is necessary, but that is another topic.

So for me that means some time every evening laying out marching orders and adding things to the build queue for the next day, and then I check in as needed. I plan the initial part of an invasion for times when I can pay attention and check in on my phone if needed to adjust orders.

So if you do it this way I don't use even a half a Gig of data on my phone in a month playing Call of War, but of course that isn't a serious commitment to playing via mobile, just a check in every day.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Thanks VorlonFCW, you gave me a little more confidence that I could pull this off without getting my butt fired. I did have 'high command' for a month, and fire control was what I missed most when I lost it, so that would be worth having back along with queuing production and construction. The queuing got me in trouble as a rookie as I ended up without resources and money when I needed them. Would have to be a little more careful with that one, now that I know what I'm doing, but it would be a must. I don't think any alliances would have me in tournament play, but I could have some fun flying solo. Statistically I would think that players launching attacks on other players during the morning might have a little more success....though I guess there are allot of different time zones in play so it probably balances out.

Time to go shopping for a phone.

The post was edited 3 times, last by ender611 ().

• ender611 wrote:

The queuing got me in trouble as a rookie as I ended up without resources and money when I needed them.
      Yes. It is very easy to queue up a whole weeks worth of stuff, much like racking up a big credit card bill without consideration of when the bill will come due :D I try to only queue up a days worth of stuff at a time early in the game.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<