Right of way problem with Ai in team game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Right of way problem with Ai in team game

I got a serious problem. I joined a team game on the historic world map. But almost all my team go inactive before I got the share map. SO when the AI took control Im just in peace with them. For the guy with who I got a shared map it passed on right of way automaticly. The problem it I cant place them on the right of way option only on share map relation. But the AI never accept share map relation as I know. The big issue it the the ennemy team can got a right of way on them. So the guy just used that trick and dropped a nuke on me from one of the AI territory. But I was unable to reach him with my troop. I cant attack a team players and I cant get a right of way, so Im really screwed. I was in real good position to win, but now I had to accept some terms of peace and now he just building nuke everywere. It a big abuse the guy rush nuke reasearch on day 44 and use that trick that pretty cheap to my eyes.
      SO the solution it simple revoke right of way and shared map for the ennemy team, it can bring to abuse and double play. And please give to team Ai the option for right of way.
    • Normal AI assigns only RoW, that's right, but Elite AI also assigns Shared Map.
      But it does not matter if you offer RoW or Shared Map to AI nations. In any case, AI grants what she considers "appropriate" anyway.
      So you can calmly set the shared map for your team-AI.

But a mistake seems to be in the whole system anyway, because it should not be possible that in a team game RoW (or more) can be awarded to the opponent, not even by the AI (especially not).
      You should also report the situation directly from the map..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Ok thank. I have send a report but it not specefic to just that game it doing that in all my others team game of Historical WW2 25 players. Even on my game of Mediterranea 4 players it the same thing.
      For the the AI to accept what it best Im not sure it working either. I have put them all of my team on shared map and none have put me on right of way and it was long time ago. Im pretty sure it a bug there either because I cant put them on right of way just on shared map, maybe Ai got the same issue.
    • This is a known issue in team games, and is currently being investigated by the Developers.

Theoretically it should be impossible to have anything lower than Right of Way with your team mates once they go inactive. Sadly this doesn't seem to work correctly, so that results in Peace with team mates that creates multiple issues.

As Restrisiko said, if you set your relation with your inactive team members to Share map the AI may respond with Right of way. I have seen AI return right of way as soon as a couple hours, or in some cases more than 8 days.

In this same manner, Anyone can get ROW with inactives, regardless of team. This is the way these team games are currently designed.

Restrisiko wrote:

But a mistake seems to be in the whole system anyway, because it should not be possible that in a team game RoW (or more) can be awarded to the opponent, not even by the AI (especially not).
      While it has always been possible to change relations with the enemy you do have a good point. Perhaps a team game should be set up like the 50v50 Team Up event where you start automatically at war with the other team, and in addition that relation could not be changed to something other than War. The downside is that the war morale penalty from the beginning of the game hampers economic productivity. Perhaps this is something that @freezy should take into consideration for future improvements.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I dont remember when I put them all my team on shared map I will see and I hope it work like you said and get a RoW.

Having relation choice on ennemy team it a little weird, but it can serve for diplomatic separate peace term. Otherwise it will be best to restrict that maybe just to prevent Ai giving it to anyone. For player treatrise and double play it a part of the war so Im not against shared map but again it can give the same abuse if the enemy use the territory and that you juste have peace with that teameate. So you cant attack or move on his lands.
    • There is a trick many players use on Ais or inactive players. First, you offer and get ROW, then put your army in their land, and then attack instantly, conquering multiple provinces.
      "It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle." - Georgy Zhukov
    • TheGreatSage wrote:

There is a trick many players use on Ais or inactive players. First, you offer and get ROW, then put your army in their land, and then attack instantly, conquering multiple provinces.
      I have offered the opinion before that this is a much slower and disorderly way of doing it. It results in higher casualties than I would like as well.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<