Announcement Balancing Changes

• I think this thread shows the ill intent of the developers and the ignorance of the community to it's own problems and those caused by the devs. This community has always been ridiculously divided and any discussion usually ends up on a tangent or getting shut down by staff. I do not think this game will ever get any better, only more "balanced" until Bytro can no longer siphon any more cash from the community.

I wash my hands of this forum for now, the game used to be fun playing by myself and the forums were a happy place. Now it is only a way to keep in touch with old friends. I am sad to see what it has become.

My last comment to the community is to listen to the older players and not think you know better because "x happened in WWII and this game should achieve perfect realism as a result". We have all done this at one point or another and I hope what's left of you lot can actually learn to agree on something and get the devs to do something rather than "it's on the list".
      Forum Gang Commissar

I changed it for you Dia <3
    • Last Warrior wrote:

No 75% penalty is good ballancing against steamrollers. The war is not over, till it is over. Even if enemy has 2 times more provinces he is not two time stronger economic power, but still has two time higher daily upkeep.
      Actually, this isn't entirely true. Though in the early game, one player can quickly take over another, but the local economy has been shattered and they have to rebuild what was captured. So in that sense, yes, you're right in that there isn't a great disparity.

However, when you consider that, usually, when your opponents are growing, it often means that their growth is at your expense. So while they are growing slowly, you are shrinking quickly. Thus you are just as liable to be "steamrolled" by them. And even if you aren't the one that's shrinking by losing lands, you are shrinking -- comparatively -- because, proportionately, you are not growing as fast as the other player.

syncro wrote:

Another good counter agaist massive stack of planes is put in place (as for aircraft carriers) a limit in airbases: a lv 1 airbase can hold 10 planes, a lv 2 can hold 20 planes, a lv 3 can hold planes (my numers are a placeholders).. this is more realistic (there is not a air base in the real world that contain the entires airforce of a nation) both in real and in game.. prevent the tactical bombers steamroller and favors the defender who in the course of the game has a way to build good defenses (need alot of days) with further benefit that the defender can perhaps quickly move his smallest air force and then hit the scattered enemy forces also giving time to also gather AA.

It is not enough to build a single base area (in a half day working at 50%) to move all a whole air force forward, but it must build more bases and waste even more time if it wants to raise the level of the bases to contain bigger stacks.
      While it's not a bad idea, I think this would be a headache for the programmers as well as a difficult rule for the players to get used to. Think about this. Would that maximum capacity count from the moment an aircraft starts a relocation to a new airbase? What if an airbase is maxed out, and it then comes under attack, forcing the aircraft on patrol to automatically rebase to other nearby airbases? and what if they....or it....don't have enough capacity for the automatically-rebasing aircraft? And just when does a repositioning aircraft cease to be counted for it's former airbase while en route to a new one? And what about aircraft under construction?

Trust me, there are probably a lot more questions than just those that I posed. Like I said....HEADACHE!

syncro wrote:

Its not true, also in WW2 tactical bombers when there was air superiority they were devastating, especially in the early stages of the war the German stukas were the hammer that destroyed everything and everyone and with the columns of tanks and mechanized/motorized infantry that raked up the remaining crumbs.

The ace of aces of the stukas Hans Ulrich Rudel alone destroyed over 2,000 targets (including more than 500 tanks) and consumed alone, to give numbers, over 5 million liters of fuel and dropped over 1 million tons of bombs.
      This needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Much early anecdotal evidence of Germany's air superiority was mostly propaganda-driven. German "heroes" such as Rudel had largely-inflated numbers that failed to take into account such issues as the commander of a unit getting credit for his whole unit's kills. Often, it wasn't a tank that was destroyed, but it's surrounding infrastructure. And also, usually artillery deserved the credit because they were firing where the airplane "spotters" were pointing at.

Sure, some tanks must have been destroyed -- and were -- by aircraft. But most kills counted by the Germans simply couldn't have been possible under the given circumstances. I site this as my source for some of these generalizations.

Quasi-duck wrote:

I think this thread shows the ill intent of the developers and the ignorance of the community to it's own problems and those caused by the devs. This community has always been ridiculously divided and any discussion usually ends up on a tangent or getting shut down by staff. I do not think this game will ever get any better, only more "balanced" until Bytro can no longer siphon any more cash from the community.

I wash my hands of this forum for now, the game used to be fun playing by myself and the forums were a happy place. Now it is only a way to keep in touch with old friends. I am sad to see what it has become.
      My my my....such a jaded point of view. The twice-crowned "general of the armies" has decided to quit participating on the forums. Gee, I wonder what pseudonym he will use for his next forum account....he's already had at least two of them, right?
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3