New World Empires-landshuffle-map for the 1500s

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New World Empires-landshuffle-map for the 1500s

-Hope you don't mind me posting this hear, just trying to get some publicty and spark some interest. New World Empires has some interesting mechanics should allow for a great RP, such as the ability to to upgrade territory to core status.-

Hello Folks, I have just created a land swap map for a starting period of about 1500AD. This was created from a composite of many maps found online. Historical accuracy was very important in the making of this, however making sure this was playable and balanced was more important. In other words I threw exact borders away(I did try) for the purpose of making sure the interactions between countries were accurate.
      Please offer your criticisms and what not, and I am also looking for mates to make a tech tree based for the nations based off this map.
      I also threw away the majority of AI nations to avoid boring and sometimes illegal land-grabing.

Information:
      Starting Date; 1500
      Amount of playable nations; 22
      The Nations Are;
      1.Scotland & Ireland(together for balance and to remove AI)
      2.England
      3.France
      4.Netherlands(Holy Roman Empire(HRE) Vassal)
      5.Portugal(might combine with Spain to get rid of boring nations)
      6.Spain(might combine with Portugal for simplicity)
      7.North African Tribes and Kingdoms(combined to remove AI, balance Spain, pretty much Barbary States for Empire:Total War)
      8.Genoa/Savoy(HRE Vassal/Minor)
      9.HRE player 1/2(Austria)(Split the HRE into 2 major players and a number of smaller states to maintain the split nature of the HRE)
      10.HRE player 2/2 (Brandenburg)
      11.Bohemia(HRE Vassal/minor)
      12.Venice(gave it a bit more of Europe for balance)
      13.Naples/Spanish Vassal(Balance and to prevent Italy from Confederating)
      14.Hungary
      15.Poland/Lithuania
      16. Teutonic Order
      17. Denmark(owns Norway as it did in history)
      18. Sweden(owns st peters burg, can't tell if it did at the start of 1500, but important never-the-less )
      19.Muscovy
      20.Golden Hoard(Mongol Khanate)
      21.Ottoman Empire
      22.Egypt

I stole the base for this map(Countries.png), from General Socks He also has some other great maps such as one showing all of the resources. I did make LandSwapA-D.png based off his map, with my own research.

Here is the start from a standard game:
      /forum.newworldempires.com/inde…chment/268-countries-png/

Here is what it should look like for the 1500s:
      forum.newworldempires.com/inde…chment/269-landswapd-png/

Thanks for reading!