Gold-repair Bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold-repair Bug

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just bad design. But the ability to repair units with Gold after a combat -- though not DURING combat -- is broken. I have proof that units DURING combat are repairing with Gold.

In a match, where I'm dealing with a heavy golder, I am patrolling over an army with a large Tactical Bomber force and guarded by a large number of Fighters. I have not left the battle, by using Attack command, but stayed on patrol over the enemy. I watched as his rating went down to 91%. Then, moments later, he used Gold to buff it back up to 100%. Meanwhile, I lost an Interceptor in the combat.

So, is it a bug that he can repair his units with Gold during combat????

Supposedly, you can't do that. I know I've not been able to (though I rarely would, anyway) during a melee combat. But is a patrol not considered combat? I'm hurting him and he heals instantly. Yet I'm getting shot down.

???!!!??? IS THIS FAIR ???!!!???

I get it that Bytro needs the money, but can't they at least block instant unit repairs under a patrol, just as they would in melee combat?

(EDIT)

I have since tried using a direct Attack command on the enemy stack. I lost 1 Bomber. He was damaged. Immediately after my forces started returning to their airbase to refuel, he already repaired his forces to 100% again. Oh, and I had 9 Bombers. His stack had only a small number of units, 3 light tanks, 2 AA, 1 infantry and 2 militia. I damaged him down to 85% but did not destroy anything. I lost the 1 bomber and he repaired back to 100%. And since he was at 85%, that means he repaired twice in a row after the Attack, as well as several times while I was on patrol.

This is proof that Gold premium points make it impossible to win against a rich person. When will GOLD get nerfed???? The devs are bragging how they finally listened to us and nerfed the Tac Bombers by making them use more Oil in the latest update. Why don't they do a little nerfing to the one thing that causes the most havoc in this game for us normal people? Nerf the Gold.

Don't eliminate Gold, just nerf it.....unless you want to eliminate it entirely and bring on the merchandise for sale.

BTW, it should be noted that this player has only joined 2 matches, but is playing like an expert that got banned and created a new account. His stats show ridiculously that he has a 24:1 province ratio and a 7.5:1 K/D ratio against humans. Oh, and of the 2 matches he's joined, it says he's won 1 already. Now, he wants to win his second match. And he'll do it with Gold. Do we really want to let people do this in this game?
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3

The post was edited 2 times, last by Diabolical ().

• MadMike69 wrote:

yeah patrolling isn't really melee/CQC because it is a battle that you can withdraw from.

But you can't withdraw from a patrol when you get shot down.

~0~

This is one of those cases where you just don't have a fighting chance against a golder.

Sure, if it were melee combat -- in theory -- I could bring a bigger stack and kill off his units. But since it's not melee, he can win, hands down, and I have zero chance at victory?!?

Most players -- and the staff -- say that one should just move on to another match in this case. But why? Why should I have to move on when I'm not doing anything wrong? Of course, I'm not allowed to say that the golder is doing anything wrong, per Bytro's TOS, but why can't they at least put either a cap on the spending, or else make it so that it's not impossible to beat a heavy golder.

I'm not saying eliminate the gold (though that's exactly what I WISH they'd do), I'm just asking for it to get nerfed a little, or at least treat a patrol in the same manner as melee combat, on this issue.

~0~

I've been playing this game for over 3 years, now. I've seen everything in this game: every strategy, every type of player, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I've been stabbed in the back probably dozens of times, lied to countless times, been beaten, had victories, had allies, had enemies, and every other sundry thing you can think of. And I've put up with the golders for most of this time -- as well as the multis and any other kind of stuff people get away with.

Yet, what I don't understand, is why Bytro still refuses to let us air our full opinions on the subject despite the fact that those who do abuse the premium point privileges actually drive away other paying customers. And, believe me, I've known several people who paid a lot for this game, who themselves willingly walked away from Call of War because of the excesses of some players.

In those cases, Bytro lost money! I just don't get their mentality on this.

There are so many alternate sources of revenue, and I've even listed many of them, several times in the past, here. But for some reason, whomever is in charge at Bytro just can't seem to think outside the box on this issue. And it's really not that hard to fathom all the other ways to make money. Heck, I'm all for them making money because I love this game.

If I had the funding, I'd happily kick in some to pay for it. And lots of other players that I know agree with me on that. But, as hotly contested as this issue is, in the player community, the fact that they let premium points affect the outcome of a multiplayer game is still such a mystery. Most other games only allow premium points to affect single-player games, which makes total sense to me. But I just don't get the mentality on this. Multiplayer premium points, aka Gold, just unlevel the playing field.

~0~

Not only have I (and many others) certainly offered alternative funding sources, but I [and we] have also offered alternative ideas to ease the minds of those who don't like Gold. For example, I've suggested that Bytro should maybe let players play in at-most ONE gold-free match at a time (as an option, not a requirement) so that they can feel like things are fair.

Players would be able to play multiple matches, but only one could be gold-free at a time and so they wouldn't be able to join another gold-free match until they win or lose in the previous gold-free match. In all their other matches, those players would accept that they are at the mercy of others who use gold (or more gold than they). This is a good compromise, but it hasn't gotten any traction among the people that make the decisions at Bytro.

Another idea, floated around, is that Players could pay gold, up front, as a buy-in, for a gold-free match. So long as the buy-in isn't too expensive, I could see lots of players happily joining these matches.

There already is one club which has no gold -- that being the Players League -- but there are specific additional rules in the PL which make those matches a little less liberating than some players would like. But at least this already exists.

~0~

As I've shown, there are ways to alleviate the stress and anger of those who don't like Gold. Perhaps if Bytro were to implement some of these ideas, the whole debate over Gold usage might go away. Also, with alternate funding, or at least caps on spending, I have shown how there are ways to alleviate this issue without eliminating the funding nor making things difficult to implement for Bytro's development team.

I've tried to be diplomatic, and I've tried to make sure that what I said did not cross the line with the TOS on this issue. I know it's a touchy subject and I'm not trying to stir up trouble...for me or for anyone else. I just want to see some things change...for the better...for everyone: ...

...for Bytro, the staff, and the player community...
      ...really, for all of us who love Call of War.

So, is anyone listening anymore?
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3

The post was edited 5 times, last by Diabolical ().