PLS explain me this cuz i cant understand it ....

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • PLS explain me this cuz i cant understand it ....

      Hello every one
      There is the situation - i play on map ANTARCTICA in range of my tac bomber on my air base have enemy air base with enemy tac bombers i have 29 tac bombers enemy have 23 his air base is in hills zone not in his main base ( as u know we cant even attack it) so i send my tacs on bombing attack on enemy who was just sit there in air base ( they dont fly, they dont patrol just staying there) both my and enemy planes rank 4 my on full life his too and when my tacs go there and hit i do nothink and u cant bealivs i even loose 1 squadron ... can u explain me this ? How u can bombing a staying planes and u wont destroy alot of them and thats not all u even will loose 1 squadron pls explain me i cant understand :( then i will think how to win ... when i loose a good moment like this :( :tumbleweed:

      The post was edited 1 time, last by VorlonFCW: Removed swearing ().

    • The short version:

      Planes on the ground are still planes, except for the brief refueling period

      so they will defend themselves the same as they would in the air.

      Try these threads:

      forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=155268#post155268

      forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…e/&postID=96948#post96948

      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



      VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

      >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Frostbane wrote:

      Planes on ground is not like planes in air.
      In this game planes are only vulnerable while refuling. Don't confuse alternate realities with this one.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



      VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

      >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • MadMike69 wrote:

      to quote myself

      If it looks like a plane, then it is a plane and will fight as a plane.
      Nowhere does it state that the planes at an airbase are actually on the ground.
      Just because the plane is shown on the ground, doesn't mean it's grounded. Planes in war have full combat readiness and unless refuelling, they should technically react even faster than the attackers.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

      "Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

      Just because the plane is shown on the ground, doesn't mean it's grounded.
      8| That gives me an idea. With the update to unit images coming with WebGL, it should appear that the plane is not grounded once refueling is done.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



      VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

      >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

      Little Racoon wrote:

      Just because the plane is shown on the ground, doesn't mean it's grounded.
      8| That gives me an idea. With the update to unit images coming with WebGL, it should appear that the plane is not grounded once refueling is done.
      But what happens if we launch rockets ?

      Currently = planes on ground can be destroyed by rockets and arti
      Your new proposal = automatic patrolling (after refueling) = cannot being hit by rockets anymore (except during refuel.)

      It's not only a graphic matter as it also affects the gameplay.

      Is that right ?
    • CoralWar wrote:

      Your new proposal = automatic patrolling
      No, Not patrolling. Merely a slightly different graphic with no changes to the rules of engagement.


      CoralWar wrote:

      Currently = planes on ground can be destroyed by rockets and arti
      Yes, although the most damage is done during the refueling period, which would not change. Artillery and rockets are rather ineffective against full strength planes anyway in my opinion. This would not change.




      Restrisiko wrote:

      Patrolling planes can be attacked with rockets since ever...
      Yes. Again I don't consider it a wise use of resources to launch rockets at patrolling planes, as it typically works out to one rocket to kill one plane, but it has been possible. In theory the targeting of patrolling planes by rockets is on the list of things to be "fixed' (removed) currently, although I don't have any idea when that will be.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



      VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

      >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

      ...
      Yes. Again I don't consider it a wise use of resources to launch rockets at patrolling planes, as it typically works out to one rocket to kill one plane, but it has been possible. In theory the targeting of patrolling planes by rockets is on the list of things to be "fixed' (removed) currently, although I don't have any idea when that will be.
      In my (long ago) experience it even needs far more than one rocket per plane.
      So as you say it's actually very inefficient and therefore usually not expedient as a standard combat.
      But I would not remove it because it's in late game with large air fleets interesting and helpful.
      (..it may be a good, and sometimes perhaps the only, way to break hardened air fronts..)

      Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money -
      - more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game sometimes.
      So beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :whistling:
    • Restrisiko wrote:

      But I would not remove it because it's in late game with large air fleets interesting and helpful.
      I agree with you on this Restrisiko. Sadly my opinion is not the only opinion.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill



      VorlonFCW
      Main Administrator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

      >>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<