Two suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Two suggestions

I have two suggestions; one regarding research, and the other about buildings.

1. Create a new research tree for resources. When you complete the research, you would get x % more resources. It could be generic, meaning you just research "resources", or it could be specific, like you research "oil"; every level of research you complete would get you x % more oil.

2. The first level of any given building should only take 30 minutes (at most) to complete. This would speed up the game in the early stages. Or, at a very minimum, the length of time to build a new airfield should be drastically reduced. There's no good reason a new naval base should be complete in 15 minutes, but an airfield should take 18 hours. I mean, level out the ground and throw some steel mesh down and you're good to go.
    • a level 1 naval base probably looks about like this:

So I can see that going up in 15 minutes. :D

Where as if an airbase can be done in 15 minutes I can scour the earth with my planes just as fast as an armored car on forced march will go. In a tactical retreat situation I can try and hold an airbase position while some forces are embarking or disembarking or otherwise getting out of the range of a plane. If the planes can reach me within 30 minutes of a province being captured 400 km away you lose that defensive depth.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • i think it still could take a little less time for an airbase to build, around 14 hours not 18. And a naval base should still take maybe 2 to 4 hours, I mean the image u showed, could u build/launch a submarine from such a "naval base"? I think the point is reasonable, but not as bad as some make it look.

Well and the first point, the resource research? I mean it could be a thing, but don't see a reason for that.
      Max it should do is let first of all (in my opinion) research each building.
      So researching infrastructure or an industry complex, it will boost their abilities, which will then boost the production of researches and other things...
      "In the Soviet army it takes more courage to retreat than advance." Joseph Stalin
    • A level 1 air base becomes operational in 9 hours.
      Another thing to consider is that often your air bases can be captured without being completely destroyed. So, depending on the percentage of damage, the enemy can repair the air base and can often use it against you a lot sooner than 9 hours.
      At 50% damage, a level 1 air base would still be usable (though vulnerable to damage).
      if you have been on the receiving end of such an attack, you would see that building up airbases faster is a double-edged sword. Nice if you have local air superiority. And horrible if your enemy has local air superiority.
    • I like that too. Often times I had to very slowly build up an airforce suitable for attack simply because my airbases are still building. I would suggest 10-12 hours building time. As Lawrence Czl said, this may be exploited by your enemy, so I'm more like so-so agree on this.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • cough propeller planes don't even need steel mesh, they just need a flat surface cough also, just reducing the time to produce the air field by four hours doesn't do much, it would be nice to see 15 minutes to make both though.
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"