Morale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale is a reflection of your peoples desire for war. Your people want to be happy, and while winning a war will make them happy, grinding away day after day with the media bitterly complaining and denouncing the commander in chief will reduce morale, and therefore productivity, of the population.

Morale is simply something else to manage in this game, in addition to building units and driving them around it gives depth to the strategy.

You might try reading my Complete guide to morale and rebellions
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Sounds like a fascinating read; I'll have to check it out.

But, I do have to say that I think you're missing the point of my question. Yes, morale is an important part of the game that needs to be managed - no issues with that. My point, however, is that in a game called "Call of War", simply being at war should not lower the morale of my people. It actually disincentives starting wars with other countries.
    • markj31 wrote:

.. in a game called "Call of War", simply being at war should not lower the morale of my people.
      The Call of War is for the players - the citizens don't have to call of war or take pleasure at it .. :00008185:

System of province morale (and the associated resource productivity and danger of rebellions) has its sinn and is even important for the game that it at all can work halfway reasonably as a multi-member-long-term-strategic-browser-game; where players are usually online at different times. In addition to other adaptions it works as a kind of "time-brake" for the gameplay.

Tip: You should not make the mistake of seeing Call of War as a simulation or even an action game (even if some want to rape it as such :rolleyes: ), it's built like a long term strategic board game - with a partly (and necessary) "adapted" reality .. :thumbup:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • And you missed the point of my reply: Managing a war means managing your countries economy, production, morale, and defense more than it means driving a tank around, otherwise you could name it "Call of tank driving" :D
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • markj31 wrote:

Why does being at war reduce morale?
      Ask the Germans in 1944-45, when the Wehrmacht and the German people were forced to continue fighting a war they knew was unwinnable. Ask the U.S. Army and the American people in 1945, after defeating the Germans in Europe and suffering 300,000+ dead in the process, why they dreaded the hundreds of thousands of war dead that would result from an amphibious invasion of the Japanese home islands . . . .

Now imagine some idiot leader who wanted to fight four or five such wars at the same time.