No advancement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No advancement

Hi. First time on the forums so I hope I'm in the right place.
      Has anyone else seen their advancement in a game suddenly stop? For maybe a week, I've been stuck on 7% in level 21 (yes, I'm a newbie here) in spite of me winning many battles & taking over territories/countries. Tried logging out & back in again but to no avail.
      What must I do? ?(
    • Firstly the game must be ranked

Then there are two things that gain you experience points:

1)Constructing buildings

2)Killing the units of active players (not AI)

Your game is not ranked, so you will not gain points to improve your rank or stats.

You can see this by clicking the "i" in the upper right corner of the game tile in this example:

War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • It shows Martin currently plays only a not ranked map, thats right, and I guess he's the only remaining active player on the map ..

@'Martin Cube, are you on your map since some days only alone active?
      Then, most likely, this will be the reason why your map is not anymore ranked and you even for constructions get no points.

If he's not allone, I have a question for @VorlonFCW:
      Why that map is not or no longer ranked? If Martin is only alone now, that would be one reason (the only one that would be recognizable to me), but in the list there are 22 players so the map must has been ranked (before), now it is day 46 there, usually as long as more than 1 player is active, the map would be geranked to day 120 .. or has there been any changes ..?

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

are you on your map since some days only alone active?
      Yes, you are correct Restrisiko. He has been the only active player for quite some time.

A game is only ranked for 14 days with only one active player, and then it is unranked. Each day that it is unranked there is an article in the newspaper like this:

Of course it is now as you pointed out after day 45, so additionally this article appears:

Which Restrisiko has outlined elsewhere on the forum exactly which achievements will count and which will not after this point, perhaps he can dig that up. However since most achievements require ranked games and/or active opponents this will not matter much to the original poster at this point.

Restrisiko wrote:

in the list there are 22 players so the map must has been ranked (before),
      A game could be created with the anti cheat setting disabled, and thus unranked from the beginning regardless of how many players joined, so that is a possibility, although in this case the star in the game title bar indicates that the game was system generated and therefore would be ranked once 6 players joined initially.

War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW

• Martin Cube wrote:

Thanks, I think I understand now. Best I try to 'win' the game & then move onto another map I suppose if I want to get any more advancement points.
      I had no idea that everyone else had left the game but that explains why nobody has replied to any of my trade requests!
      You can now use this map as your private training area, and undisturbed collect crates at the AI to search for construction plans .. 8)

VorlonFCW wrote:

Which Restrisiko has outlined elsewhere on the forum exactly which achievements will count and which will not after this point, perhaps he can dig that up. ..

Restrisiko wrote:

Some achievements like "Kill 1.000 units ..." are counted until day 40.
      Edit: New since a while now up to day 45

Ranking points for Kills and Builds are counted up to day 120.
      (games with Elite AI and more than 2 active players allegedly even longer than day 120, as some players told me incidental; if it's so, it must be new after mid 2017; I've never tested that myself since then; maybe can someone verify?)

From the moment when there's only one player left counting of ranking points will be limited to 14 days after next daychange - but not more than day 120 maximal >> so if you are alone from day 110, there are only 10 more days..
      But even if you were alone and the 14-day period was over, and after then a player comes back or a new one arrives, the ranking is activated again within the 120-day limit.
      Provided of course, the game once (or now) met the conditions and was ranked.

But also after day 120, till ultimo, no matter if you're alone and since when, but provided the game was ranked before, it gives crates and some achievements like "Build 1.000 militia (railroad guns, rocket fighters, etc ..).

And also victory points are not affected by a time limit and once a game is ranked you get your gold and possible winner-achievements when the map will be finished and you're still active then, no matter how long the map takes.

Limitation of warranty: "Ultimo" was only examined up to day 384 597 675 752. ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• Martin Cube wrote:

Best I try to 'win' the game
      You can, or there is an alternative at this point. In the newspaper there is a "retire" option as well

Technically the game will end at day change, not instantly. I believe you have the highest score in the game, so you will get first place. Sadly you won't get an achievement reward for winning as the game is no longer ranked.

Martin Cube wrote:

& then move onto another map I suppose if I want to get any more advancement points.

You can always play more than one game at once as well if you want to continue this one and play another one as well.

VorlonFCW

• VorlonFCW wrote:

Sadly you won't get an achievement reward for winning as the game is no longer ranked.
      Is it realy so now?

My last map I finished before the new achievement system and I got the victory-achievement even though the ranking period was long gone.
      (..was always the same so before and was completely logical and correct)

Has that really changed?
      I've heard 3 or 4 times lately that victory-achievements were not counted, could that be the reason ..?

Was there again an unannounced and unpublished significant change? No warning to finish the maps in time?
      Well, at least we got now a warning that there will soon be an eye-cancer-causing water ..

..an important notice, so one can leave the game in time ..

:00008185:

• Restrisiko wrote:

Is it realy so now?

My last map I finished before the new achievement system and I got the victory-achievement even though the ranking period was long gone.

Well I don't know for sure about any changes, but the one of the requirements for achievements is a "ranked game" , seen by hovering your mouse over the "earn gold" button below the achievement.

So as there are no other human players and the game is unranked the Ruler of Nations medal will not be awarded for this game.

As far as it counting as a victory I will give a qualified "Maybe"

An unranked game will always count as a game joined, but these solo and coalition victories stats only count victories in ranked games. Now where this game in question was ranked and now is no longer ranked I am not sure how that counts now. I think we will have to get a definitive answer from Mr @freezy

Restrisiko wrote:

I've heard 3 or 4 times lately that victory-achievements were not counted, could that be the reason ..?
      There is the qualification that I showed above, essentially :"against human players or elite AI in ranked games" which does need to be fulfilled. If those requirements were met than an achievement should have been awarded. There have been a few glitches with achievements being delayed, or not yet awarded as the achievement system still needs a bit of tinkering to make it operate smoothly.

VorlonFCW

• Updating:
      There seems to be some delay in the achievements, but otherwise, if the map was ranked once, you get the rewards you've earned, as it's right, even when finish the map after end of the ranking-period.

Completed a pacific-map 2 days ago on day 758, which I used long time as a test-map, immediately received gold reward and victory for the statistic, and the achievements "Admiral of the Pacific" and "Lone Wolf" were credited today.

Possible limitation:
      The ranking period was of course long ended, but at the end of the map we were still 2 players active.
      Therefore, I can not say whether it is also behaving like this when someone end up only alone active ..

.. but it should be so and it would be correct because it may not be, that e.g. someone, who has to fight against many or hard enemies and therefore needs longer to gain victory receives no reward, while on the other hand someone who has weak opponents or whose opponents flee the map early, gets the rewards without much effort as like a present.