Easy to Implement Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Easy to Implement Suggestion

Yeah, so this is one very simple suggestion. I'm not sure why it hasn't been done. But the players would definitely appreciate it.

Please add Manpower to the list of possible resources gathered by the Supply Crate prize.

Also, maybe in addition to blueprints and resources, add a third (more rare) option of Premium stuff (token value of Gold and/or temporary HC membership). This way, you could have either a blueprint, a stockpile of resources, or a premium prize. And, in order to justify this, perhaps add a booby prize [4th.] option, which would be an empty crate with a message (i.e., "Oh no, thieves got to our precious resources before we could retrieve our nation's supply crate!")

That's all...just a simple way to improve the supply crate. At the very least, adding Manpower would be super simple to add to the prize system.
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Finally, a decent idea on how to implement paratroopers!
      Funniest Call of War non-sequitur.....ever.

Stormbringer50 wrote:

Diabolical,

How many guys do you think should fit in the wooden box?

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Well, it's more of a token manpower, like maybe 2000. But I thought maybe they could just squeeze the souls of those men into the supply crate so that they could later be placed into the bodies of the fallen dead in the battlefield....you know, to animate the enemy's corpses and use their troops against them. Besides, just how big IS a soul, anyway? Surely you can fit a bunch of souls in even the smallest box.

:P :P :P :P :P :P
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Finally, a decent idea on how to implement paratroopers!

Diabolical wrote:

Funniest Call of War non-sequitur.....ever.
      OK. I just re-read what you said, and I get it now....and I didn't get it before, as troopers in a supply box as a sort of paratroopers. But it was a funny non-sequitur...as I initially interpreted it. Now, it's not exactly a non-sequitur, but still funny. So, either way, I'm right, in a way. :S

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Refugees tend to be men, women and children of all ages, not hardy males of war-fighting age.
      How about if they recruited the old war veterans, instead? They certainly know what they're doing....well, except for not understanding the latest technology. But they're warriors, still...tried and true....well, being older, maybe a little too tried....and tired. But they are still dedicated, hard-fighting, and seasoned soldiers....well, maybe a little too seasoned, but they are experienced....of course, their memory might fail them. Well, maybe a bunch of old farts on the battlefield aren't as hardy as the young men in their prime, but at least they can fill the shoes of a soldier, and be bodies in the field....well, except for the one-legged, hobbling amputees....and being "bodies" in the field takes on new meaning when most of those veterans already have one foot in the grave.

Oh well. Maybe we should try putting children on the front lines, instead. Oh wait, the Vietnamese did that during the Vietnam War....not the proudest moment in human history. Of course, maybe we could try women....not to be demeaning or anything, but there's a reason the US military -- and many other militaries around the world -- have traditionally not let women fight on the front lines....what, with they being the fairer sex, and all.

Then again, we could take an idea once had by Mr. Rush Limbaugh, where he suggested using a battalion of pre-menstruating women and setting them upon the hapless desert warriors fighting against us...and us figuring that the surprised and shocked tribal nomads would be dumbstruck and then frightened to the point of paralysis as they see hordes of man-hating, angry women coming over the rise, with a vicious look in their eyes and screaming at the top of their lungs with a blood-curdling war cry as they descend upon the motionless enemy warriors. Oh, yes, this is the solution. The fields will flow with the blood of our enemies....

....and of our women.

lol

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Adding manpower is a good idea and would be ok, but not gold or HC, because 1) crates can also be found when all enemies have left the map, even after the end of the ranking period; and 2) it would lead to abuse through "farm-maps".

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Adding manpower is a good idea and would be ok, but not gold or HC, because 1) crates can also be found when all enemies have left the map, even after the end of the ranking period; and 2) it would lead to abuse through "farm-maps".
      That's a good point, about the farm maps and sole survivor maps. Actually, since one could be by themselves on a map, early on, they could slowly pick up all their blueprints which would be somewhat of an unfair advantage since they don't really have to compete to get those plans while other players do.

Perhaps the whole Supply Crates function could be altered such that they don't continue to appear after the ranking period ends (except for any that are already on the map). Or, perhaps the supply crates only appear so long as there are at least 5 players active. Or maybe they are available so long as there are at least 3 players still active AND that no single player -- active AND inactive, combined -- has more than 25% of the total map VP's...which would guarantee that at least a fourth of the map is not owned by the top three players. And, like with the suggestions for what types of prizes to add, those figures can be tweaked.

I'm sure there are other ways the devs could alleviate the possibility of abuse. But it is good that you raised this concern and it could motivate them to take a more rounded and thorough look at the idea of expanding the supply crates feature. I hope for lots of new options to be added, but I don't want to break the game, either.

Quasi-duck wrote:

Tbh MP is never a problem for me, it's more annoying than helpful when we find resources instead of blueprints.
      Well, I've literally found nothing but resources for at-least well over a year now, since I completed every blueprint long ago. And, back then, though I desired finding blueprints more than resources, there were occasionally times when those resources would be a very timely save.

For example, if you are in a match where everybody and their uncle is building as much units as they can, with no one putting Goods in the market, then getting a stash of Goods in a supply crate can keep several more of your factories humming when they'd otherwise be sitting dormant, with the workers scratching their butts, waiting for orders. To he (or she) that builds more units, comes the spoils of war. So having the resources can be quite handy.

Still, despite those resources, at least once the blueprints are all found, there really should be a little more variety. I've suggested several ideas for other prizes and I'm sure other folks can come up with some creative ones I haven't thought of.

It's like with my suggestions that there be occasional random events to spice up the gameplay (like hurricanes costing you a couple ships or a noble statesman giving you a temporary 50% boost to empire-wide manpower growth, etc.), having more variety in the goody boxes can help to make this game more interesting for the wider player community.

The purists who want nothing more than just strategy (even more than I, who am not in favor of gold usage, personally), should lighten up a bit and realize that some of these gimmicks are really needed to keep new players joining and old players staying...which does help Bytro to keep the lights on and the game running.

R.I.P. Snickers <3