Airbase refuelling hack?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• He could had multiple plane and plane can be splitted.when patrol and you want to change the patrol the plane land and not refuelling or when a plane attacking but the target is changed by player then they land and flying again without refuelling.
      History shows that there are no invincible armies. - Joseph Stalin
    • Planes on patrol do not need to refuel in order to change their patrol location from their current airbase, only when changing airbases.

This is possible because one way you can consider patrol working is that a portion of the planes in the squadron are continuously and invisibly returning to refuel and rearm while part of the squadron remains on station. It is part of the game that operates behind the scenes.

This is one of the reasons why I only use patrol and never direct attack with planes.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • my experience is you need to refuel if you change patrol to outside the green arc.

however in this case the player landed his entire stack and took off in the opposite direction without pausing more than a second at the airbase. I was patrolling above it waiting to get him during refuelling and watching very closely. here he returned from a patrol and went off in another direction altogether (almost opposite direction).
    • actual attack.

Also, I will mention here another less known mechanic. If you take an enemies airbase while his planes are on patrol, the enemies planes will relocate to another of their own airbases within the range circle (not the green cone, the entire range circle). The planes will do this automatically, even if the airbase is 180 degrees away from the original cone.

This means that if the player has multiple airbases within the range circle, they will relocate over and over until all the airbases are taken, before they will finally have to return to the last base taken, where they will turn into convoys.

also see Vorlon's excellent post about this mechanic.
      Community Mythbusters - Setting the Record Straight
      You will need to scroll down about halfway to the mythbusters episode about parolling planes.
    • the sequence shows the enemy circling over my SP Arty, you can see he does kill the SP Arty after a cycle of patrol. He then goes and lands and the next instant he is NW of the airbase he was patrolling from. Literally all it took was the time to save the screen shot for him to land and then be a few klicks NW of the airbase. This is an arms race event at 2x speed but that would still mean it takes a few minutes to refuel. Note that I am patrolling over the AB waiting to attack as he refuels but not a chance.

this is not the first time this player has done this.
    • I think I know whats going on here. the base he is working from is a level 3 airbase, which has a refueling time of only 5 minutes (thats what Im remembering, if i am incorrect, let me know). This is an arms race event, so it is at 2x speed.
      That means the refueling time is only 2.5 minutes. Thats why he is relocating so quickly. And he is active, and micromanaging his planes. That is deadly, and why so many insomniacs win the speed events.

Also, patrolling over that level 5 fort is going to shred your patrol. you need to use arty, rockets, or strat bombers in real force to knock that fort down!!!
    • yes it is a level 3 but that would make his refuelling stop take 2.5 minutes and it actually was less than a second.

that airbase in the fort belongs to an AI to which we both have ROW.

I assure you he took less than a second to refuel and be on his way. it's not the first time I've seen him do it and he clearly did attack during the patrol in this example (am sure he did on the others).

there is clearly an exploit being used here. I've been micromanaging as well waiting to catch him on the ground but it's impossible. last airbase before the one in the pix was a damaged level 2 where it should have taken more than 2.5minutes but it still took only a second to refuel.
    • Im wondering now if he had more than one patrol, and they were stacked on top of each other to avoid detection. maybe one or more of his stacks did not have to attack in order to finish off that lone unit of yours. then it would indeed be able to simply "touch down."

If anyone else has an idea, feel free to comment. Plane mechanics are extensive, and sometimes they do indeed seem to have a mind of their own. I use planes quite a bit (I spam the hell out of them. lol), and I see them do inexplicable things at times. These rare (and annoying) bugs are quite hard to fix, as they are hard for the developers to recreate.
    • Whether and what is broken on Captain's map I don't know, just want to confirm something..

Stormbringer50 wrote:

.. they will relocate over and over until all the airbases are taken ..
      .. correct; and they will automatically use allied airfields or such by RoW too; and of course also AI will do it that way ..

Stormbringer50 wrote:

.. level 3 airbase .. has a refueling time of only 5 minutes (thats what Im remembering, if i am incorrect, let me know) ..
      .. correct; refueling time at airfield level 1 = 15 minutes, level 2 = 7.5 minutes, level 3 = 5 minutes; useable for refueling, starts or landings are airfields from/to 50% of level 1, then the refueling time is 30 minutes; with damaged/unfinished levels the time varies accordingly ..

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Captain Hurricane wrote:

my experience is you need to refuel if you change patrol to outside the green arc.
      Wrong

Captain Hurricane wrote:

however in this case the player landed his entire stack and took off in the opposite direction without pausing more than a second at the airbase. I was patrolling above it waiting to get him during refuelling and watching very closely. here he returned from a patrol and went off in another direction altogether (almost opposite direction).
      This is and has always been the correct operation of planes on patrol.

When on patrol a plane will have a green zone within with they can maneuver without returning to the airbase.

When given a new patrol order that is outside of the range circle it will have to land at a new airbase and refuel. You will note that the refueling time is indicated before you commit to the order.

When given a new patrol order within the range circle of the origin airbase but outside of the green patrol zone a plane will have to return to the airbase but not refuel. You will see when giving the order that there is no refuel time noted.

Which is precisely what I said this morning, just without pictures.

VorlonFCW wrote:

Planes on patrol do not need to refuel in order to change their patrol location from their current airbase, only when changing airbases.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<