Best country/region in 100p?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best country/region in 100p?

I was wondering since I'm going to join a 100p game map soon, is there any good country/region I could choose? I like africa, asia (especially siberia and middle east) but not Europe. However, I don't know the exact good countries although I do know Upper Volta and Ethiopia are quite good. I just need some ideas for my decisions later on, thanks. :)
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

I was wondering since I'm going to join a 100p game map soon, is there any good country/region I could choose? I like africa, asia (especially siberia and middle east) but not Europe. However, I don't know the exact good countries although I do know Upper Volta and Ethiopia are quite good. I just need some ideas for my decisions later on, thanks. :)
      Firstly u should determine your gameplay style which units do you produce ? which resources will you need ?

ıf u like to producing light tanks and planes look to goods ıron and oil
      rare and food not ımportant too much
      for rare u cant produce 1 million rockets cos ıt will decrease oil production and u can use them just for one time and you wont need to research everything in the middle of game you will see you will have a lot of rare but u cant use them
      u dont need to research everything in game just develop necessary units at the beginning
      for food I have 950 provinces and 1500 points with ethiopia in 100p world map and I have -1000 production food but ıt isnt important I have still 250k food in 20th day just dont hold your units send them everywhere they are soldiers they need to fight before your food be zero u will win the game

so try to find provinces which has x2 production for oil good and ıron

Nationalist China has x2 goods and ıron
      Indochina x2 goods and oil
      Equatorial Gabon x2 goods and oil
      Libya x2 goods and oil
      South West africa x2 oil and ıron
      South Africa x2 goods and oil
      Kazakhstan x2 goods and ıron

If you worry about food and rare You can buy all food from market in the middle of game and u can buy it from your small allies cover your small allies and they will produce food for you or send some spies to enemy provinces and steal them most of players dont use spies to cover their provinces u can use this for rare at the same time

I think Asia and Africa correct choice cos for america u need to go a long way after invasion of all america
      for europe ıt ıs too close to africa and asia but ıt ıs very bad about resources outside of sweden and finland
      african and asian countries are very lucky about resources and they have a easy way to expand

The post was edited 6 times, last by Undaunted ().

• May consider using indochina in the future. However, you must also consider the starting position. Equatorial Gabon is prone to early attacks because it can be easily split into two. I have seen players using Equatorial Gabon getting wrecked in the first 2 days of the game (the player was a noob anyways). So, I think I also need to consider the geographical location.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

May consider using indochina in the future. However, you must also consider the starting position. Equatorial Gabon is prone to early attacks because it can be easily split into two. I have seen players using Equatorial Gabon getting wrecked in the first 2 days of the game (the player was a noob anyways). So, I think I also need to consider the geographical location.
      your neighbours south sudan belgian congo and angola all of yours has same units at the beginning and everyone want to kill belgian congo firstly not gabon be ally with angola and capture belgian congo together your north border is safe south sudan cant attack you cos south sudan surronded by a lot of strong country south sudan cant come to until eastern coast of africa ıt depends ur experience
    • I really like North Sudan in Africa because it has a double Rares city province at the start (Port Sudan). You will have no Rares worries for the whole game so your research and keep going all the time. It has a single and a double Steel province which helps long term. The real disadvantage is only 3 single Goods provinces which can make the start a bit of a challenge (sell Rares to buy Goods will help)
    • Though I haven't played for more than 6 weeks, I've looked into the African countries and the best countries I've seen so far are Nigeria and South west Africa. Reason is:

Double steel and Oil (4 steel 3 Oil)
      - We can all agree that tanks are powerful early to mid game. If resources are managed well, it is easy to mass produce light tanks while building economy almost non stop early on. if you ran out of steel, trade oil for steel with Maranhao(has 5 steel).

Reason why I prefer Nigeria:

Borders

-South west Africa is surrounded by 3 human countries(Angola, South Africa and Bechu-whatever). two of which are preferred by competent players because one got double rare, the other sits on the corner. Nigeria on the other hand is surrounded by 3 AI and only 1 human player(Upper Volta, easy to defend) with rares on the border. only problem is if Equatorial Gabon tries to advance through Cameroon, four provinces of Cameroon bordering you needs to be taken to avoid defending 5 provinces. But an alliance with Gabon will solve this problem easily.

enemy Capitals are exposed

- Volta's capital is 3 small provinces away, and Gabon's capital is a few meters away from the coast. easy to rush and get easy cash early. though this only works for unskilled and inactive players, there are alot of them every game and competent players seem to rarely play either one of the said countries.

relatively small and easy to defend

- there are pathways easily covered with artillery, lots of hills/forest to hold with militias, some plains for light tanks to patrol and defend, and the size of the country makes it easy to cover with planes(naval and tactical) without building alot of Airfields( seems that 2-3 is enough).

Sub wall

if you got the High command and the economy, it is easy to guard the gulf on your coast with a wall of subs.

so with skill and game activity, this country can snowball better than any other.