Disappearance of troops (?)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Disappearance of troops (?)

Hello everybody,

This morning I started an attack on France in one of the games (me being the UK) I made sure my Navy killed the French troops in the province of Cherbourg-Octeville. Shortly after, one of my armies landed. I am not sure anymore about the content of those troops but they were between 23 and 26 units consisting out of artillery units, canons, light tanks, midheavy tanks and infantery. Nearby (in shooting distance, but not on the same route as my convoy had to take) there was French Navy as well (6 units: 2 destroyers, 2 cruisers and 2 battleships). A few hours later, I watched the progress of my attack and surprisingly, all of my units were gone. Weirdly enough there is nothing to see about them in the journal (see below). I had indeed heavy casualties (22k vs 16k), but absolutely nowhere you can see the losses of all those troops. At 10.13 am you can see the outcome of my navy bombardement on Cherbourg, and at 12.50 pm you can see i lost a regiment of artillery in the Channel, but there are no further reports of casualties. Even if my troops would have been attacked in the Channel (only in striking distance of 2 battleships), they can't have destroyed between 23 and 26 units in a couple of hours (3-4 attack waves). Where are my troops then and why is there no report of losses in the newspaper?

I would be very grateful if you guys could help me out!

7:13 am Oorlog! Troepen van Jeroen Mattheus openden vandaag onaangekondigd het vuur op de nietsvermoedende soldaten van adm.gamemingk. Wereldleiders hebben hun afschuw uitgesproken over deze meedogenloze actie.

7:39 am Zuid-Chinese Zee: Het 50steFranse Squadron torpedojagers (N 50) is vernietigd na een hevig bombardement.
      8:39 am Parijs: De 56ste Franse Regiment luchtafweer (N 56) is vernietigd door de 5de Britse Wing strategische bommenwerpers.
      9:11 am De 19de Britse Regiment infanterie heeft Logouale veroverd.
      9:15 am De 13de Britse Divisie antitank heeft Tabou veroverd.
      9:37 am De 3de Britse Regiment antitank heeft Bandundu veroverd.
      10:13 am Cherbourg-Octeville: Het 9deFranse Regiment antitank (N 9) is vernietigd na een hevig bombardement.
      10:34 am De 31ste Britse Regiment gemot. infanterie heeft Sassandra veroverd.
      10:37 am Beiroet: Het 46ste FranseRegiment infanterie (N 46) is vernietigd na een hevig bombardement.
      10:50 am De 2de Britse Regiment infanterie heeft Kankan veroverd.
      10:57 am Parijs: De 1ste Franse Squadron jagers (N 1) is vernietigd door de 24steBritse Squadron jagers.
      11:43 am De 33ste Britse Regiment antitank heeft Bonga veroverd.
      11:54 am De 31ste Britse Regiment gemot. infanterie heeft Dimbokro veroverd.
      11:59 am De 28ste Britse Brigade lichte tanks heeft Mamou veroverd.
      12:26 pm Le Havre: De 13de FranseRegiment infanterie (N 13) is vernietigd door de 5de Britse Wing strategische bommenwerpers.
      12:33 pm De 19de Britse Regiment infanterie heeft Mankono veroverd.
      12:40 pm De 2de Britse Regiment infanterie heeft Bougouni veroverd.
      12:50 pm Het Kanaal: Het 9de BritseRegiment artillerie (Q 9) is vernietigd na een hevig bombardement.
      1:32 pm De 13de Britse Regiment antitank heeft Abidjan veroverd.
      2:20 pm De 22ste Britse Brigade pantserwagens heeft Muang Xay veroverd.
      2:20 pm De 34ste Britse Brigade lichte tanks heeft Conakry veroverd.
      2:38 pm De 28ste Britse Brigade lichte tanks heeft Dinguiray veroverd.
      2:39 pm De 17de Britse Regiment militie heeft Loudima veroverd.
      2:44 pm De 31ste Britse Regiment gemot. infanterie heeft Bondoukou veroverd.
      3:11 pm De 2de Britse Regiment infanterie heeft Bamako veroverd.
      3:26 pm De 34ste Britse Brigade lichte tanks heeft Koumbia veroverd.
      3:43 pm De 19de Britse Regiment infanterie heeft Korhogo veroverd.
      3:45 pm De 33ste Britse Regiment antitank heeft Ouesso veroverd.
      3:51 pm De 37ste Britse Regiment infanterie heeft Luang Prabang veroverd.

Slachtoffers sinds het begin van de oorlog:
      Verenigd Koninkrijk - 22,959
      Frankrijk - 16,048
    • My guess in this case is there was a submarine that your units tried to cross.

Submarine attacks are not always reported in the newspaper, because the newspaper reporter doesn't survive to make the report :D.

Although if they were disembarking there could be damage taken from submarines, planes, artillery, or other navy ships, and so the only the killing blow would be reported.

The casualty numbers "22k vs 16k" will always be correctly reported, but indivudual unit losses may not always be reported, especially in cases when multiple incidents take place simultaneously.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<