Transport Airships/Planes (credits from Feric Jagger)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Transport Airships/Planes (credits from Feric Jagger)

In the most recent post from "On Suggesting Paratroopers" (as of Sep 12 2018), Feric Jagger pointed out transport airships for infantry could be used for airbase to airbase, but not paratroopers. I'm not going to talk about the paratrooper part, but simply transport airships. What if this could be implemented on the game? As of right now, you could literally win without infantry because infantry is simply too slow. However, adding the air transport could make their transportation really fast, and it could be used on other slow units as well (although that would be up to debate). Here's my idea on air transports:

1. Air base lvl 2 (it must be large planes to carry so many infantry)
      2. Day 8 research lvl 1(to prevent unbalance of the game when someone uses gold to immediately research it and gain advantage), day 16 lvl 2, day 24 lvl 3, day 32 lvl 4, day 40 lvl 5
      3. 20 hitpoints (as of lvl 1)
      4. Research time for lvl 1: 1 day 6 hrs (just wanna make it close to other aircraft research time)
      5. Like aircraft carriers, they have limit: lvl 1 can hold 1, lvl 2 +5 hitpts, lvl 3 can hold 2, lvl 4 can hold 3, lvl 5 can hold AT/AA (no arti because arti are commonly used and they r quite good so no need for this).

Add/delete any you wouldn't want/really want. I hope this could be game-changing in terms of production and movement speed. :)
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Yes, This is a good idea but uh, some people like cough MontanaBB cough will say that no military in the WW2 era could have transported that many troops. If you like this idea, you should go check out Conflict of Nations (as they have this) and it works pretty well tbh. However, I think that all units should be able to be transported, in CoN, it depends on what level the unit is, for example, in CoN the MBT's (main battle tanks) have to be level 2 (I believe) to be able to get air transportation. So, essentially, the units that aren't infantry have to be like level 2/3 to get transportation. Idk, It sounds like a good idea to me and that it should be implemented. I like airpower :thumbsup:
      "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"
    • JCS Darragh wrote:

Idk, It sounds like a good idea to me and that it should be implemented. I like airpower
      Thanks for your agreement. It can add another choice in airforce, especially since after they've been nerfed. I must admit, though, I don't remember any time in WW2 that axis or allies used transport airships to get their infantry. However, it could work for commandos, as you know, commandos usually fall off a plane like paratroopers (basically they are). Commandos are small in number, and it could work that way, if you think infantry might be too large in numbers. I mean, commandos are only produced in capital anyways, so why not make it work for them?
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Restrisiko wrote:

Air transports could be a good addition to the game..
      ..and even halfway more realistic then some other things >>

However, in my opinion, ingame only foot soldiers (infantry, commandos and militia) as well as AA and AT should be transportable.

Idea for requirements: Strategic bomber level 5 researched; Start-, interim- and landing airport at least level 2; Time to load/ unload each 1 hour.
      Conversion into transport planes automatically as with sea convoys - a choice option Land / Air for the marching button would be required.

>> forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/17735-air-convoys/&postID=129620 <<

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Wow, so it was already suggested before. However, I would rather it be a completely new chain in research, without any prerequistes (maybe except interceptor). Retrisiko, why did it not continue then? Was it because no one supported it? I really want this, and it could be revolutionary.