Korbian Alliance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Korbian Alliance

This is the thread for Korbian Alliance members. Our tag [Xar] is pronounced like "Czar" in English. Please don't ask about the origin of the names (Xar and Korbian) but I may one day explain further below in this thread (it is a long and arduous tale of victory and betrayal, of empires stretched across the cosmos, and heroes remembered and honored for a thousand generations).

If you wish to apply to join the Korbian Alliance, message either Diabolical (I am the owner) or Swirl or jovialjude (they are Xar Alliance Mods).

:wallbash
      It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3

The post was edited 2 times, last by Diabolical ().

• Our LOGO:

It seemed like such a waste to destroy an entire battle station just to eliminate one man. But Charlie knew that it was the only way to ensure the absolute and total destruction of Quasi-duck, once and for all.

The saying, "beating them into submission until payday", is just golden...pun intended.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Here are some terms I've created for alliances. The purpose of it is to streamline it so that each knows what to expect from the other. I find it to be helpful specially in light of the new 100player maps. Feel free to debate any elements of it if necessary

Rayfire wrote:

These are the Terms of our alliance and what holds us together. If any disagreement with any part of these terms please notify us asap. If you wish to deny these terms please notify us immediately however due to proximity of you to us this may result in a war.

1) Claim your target:
      A. Your free to attack NPC as you please just give us a heads up of who your attacking so we can avoid getting in each others way or any conflict.
      B. You may attack other players however if you want our help give us two days advance notice of the player you plan to Attack. This gives us time to send spies in to check if it's another alliance and to prepare our troops if it is or if you need help.
      C. Don't attack nor claim more then one human target at a time. This leaves room for you and us to help each other when needed.

2)Help your ally:
      A. This means when called to war we will immediately commit troops to the battlefield and declare war.
      B. You should always look to your ally first before going to the market. This ensures we become stronger as a whole.
      C.To better help we should know each others time zone

3) Trust Each Other:
      A. Without trust we are nothing more then a time bomb.Working together, communicating and sticking to these three rules will ensure that trust remains strong.
      B. Not following these terms. not working together, not communicating creates mistrust which leads to war and in fighting.

C. Communication is key to Team work
    • Rayfire wrote:

Here are some terms I've created for alliances. The purpose of it is to streamline it so that each knows what to expect from the other. I find it to be helpful specially in light of the new 100player maps. Feel free to debate any elements of it if necessary

Rayfire wrote:

These are the Terms of our alliance and what holds us together. If any disagreement with any part of these terms please notify us asap. If you wish to deny these terms please notify us immediately however due to proximity of you to us this may result in a war.

1) Claim your target:
      A. Your free to attack NPC as you please just give us a heads up of who your attacking so we can avoid getting in each others way or any conflict.
      B. You may attack other players however if you want our help give us two days advance notice of the player you plan to Attack. This gives us time to send spies in to check if it's another alliance and to prepare our troops if it is or if you need help.
      C. Don't attack nor claim more then one human target at a time. This leaves room for you and us to help each other when needed.

2)Help your ally:
      A. This means when called to war we will immediately commit troops to the battlefield and declare war.
      B. You should always look to your ally first before going to the market. This ensures we become stronger as a whole.
      C.To better help we should know each others time zone

3) Trust Each Other:
      A. Without trust we are nothing more then a time bomb.Working together, communicating and sticking to these three rules will ensure that trust remains strong.
      B. Not following these terms. not working together, not communicating creates mistrust which leads to war and in fighting.

C. Communication is key to Team work

I would suggest that <1C> be amended to say "Avoid attacking (or claiming for future invasions) more than one human target at a time unless special circumstances necessitate it. This allows the members of the alliance to reasonably shift production and/or prioritize their goals for mutual assistance.

I would suggest that <2A,2B,2C> become <2B,2C,2D> -- respectively -- so that a new <2A> could be introduced. And I think that <1B> should probably be re-worked and moved to that new <2A> slot. I would probably re-word it something like this:

2A) Before attacking a member of the opposition, please give a heads up to the other alliance members especially if you intend to ask for help in the attack. Be reasonable and allow sufficient time for your ally(s) to accommodate your actions. If you don't require their assistance -- and they don't outright disagree with your choice of target -- then you are free to go ahead with your plan as soon as you have confirmation from the ones most affected should you later change your mind and need assistance from them after all.

(I know that last one is a bit wordy, but it can get refined.)

The other aspect of <1B> (concerning foreknowledge of alliance or not alliance) would not be needed in a team match since the other players are already known to be an alliance. If, however, you intend for these rules to be used in non-team games, then I think a distinction should be made. Besides, we may not always want to team up in every match we play in the general game. Though, as a courtesy, at the beginning of each non-team match we join -- where two or more of us are present in the match -- we should inquire of each other whether that is our intent or not.

For example, you and I have been allied in every match we've played together since we first met. But that isn't necessary, just a nice way to guarantee a loyal ally. But, aside from an internal game where we deliberately all are opponents of each other, we can still choose not to be allied at times. Just don't be an ass and surprise invade your clan mate when they are assuming you are going to stick with them through thick and thin.

Finally, I would add a <2D> -- well, a <2E> if my second suggestion is agreed upon -- that says something like:

<2E> If you intend to commit to a team match -- and your allies are depending on you -- please plan to participate daily even if only to keep research and production continuing apace and your armies moving to the front. And if you can't be available for a while, please send your forces to defensive positions not only for yourself, but your neighbors if they have a likely vulnerability while you're gone. Consult with them to find out where you are needed and help them before you leave. And make sure that everyone knows you will be away and for how long.

Yeah yeah, I know it's too wordy also. But that can be fixed.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • here's a strategy map for Archangelsk in map # 1334708

"You want to learn strategy? I'll give you strategy. Victory? I'll show you victory. But cunning? Meet me on the battlefield and I'll teach you cunning. However, once we've met on the battlefield, you will never dare speak of such things again."
      ~Diabolical -- one of the greatest players ever.

"...no Gold bashing, no mod bashing, no Bytro bashing, no politics, no religion, no sex, no vice, no a$$holes...no fun."
      ~Someone's response to what's allowed in chat.
    • I'm back from the dustbin of history. I've been reconstituted from the ashes of the pit.

I'm alive and tickin' and I'm here to stay!

I, the leader of the Korbian Alliance, have finally won my appeal to get my forum and chat access restored.

Consequently, all communications within the clan can resume with gusto.

Look to this forum occasionally for announcements of upcoming alliance matches, internal matches, requests for help in public matches, and other group communications. Remember that you all can participate with ideas and suggestions for the group, questions, and your own requests for help.

As an alliance, we should all be willing to come to the aid of our fellow members when needed.

In the meantime, does anyone know of any other clans looking for a challenge?

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Greetings from The Caesar's Legion.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Hey ho, what do ya know!

*Not "ho" as in whore...just as in "heigh ho" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • This is for match #1514034

Proposed border between British Columbia and Oregon.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

First Map is Oregon proposed border trending line.

Second Map is proposed border by both nations.

Yellow border is suggested by B.C.

Red border is suggested by Oregon.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • This is a proposed border for match #1438952
      forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…0ba1ba828142af3c7d4c12e89
      Images
      • Proposed Spies.png

1.55 MB, 1,246×936, viewed 126 times

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • Spies Spies SPIES!!!!

R.I.P. Snickers <3
    • TECH STACKING EXAMPLE

R.I.P. Snickers <3