your 10 most useful units (part 1)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stormbringer50 wrote:

the best ground unit by far is mechanized infantry
      I tried that in a 100p before, but I just don't like having lvl3 barracks. Drains a lot of my food, but back then I was Sichuan, with very good food production, and I was just curious, so I used it. It was pretty good, but I think since I don't know how to use it (and a goldspender), I lost many units of it.

Also, for BB, somehow when I FINALLY use it in my 100p map playing right now (as of Oct 16 2018), I'm using North Sudan, which has ridiculous oil supply (3 provinces). It didn't really affect my oil production, and I used it with a mix of all naval units, and it worked ok. I actually did that because I was afraid enemy BB may kill me when I use cruisers instead (I'm not micromanagement guy). Now, I can bomb coastal ports quite easily, and I may be thinking this is an ok unit in the long term after all.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Hello fellow players,

Personally I do not think that something as a top 10 best units even exists. Since all units are different in cost and effectiveness they perform well depending on a lot of different factors. Your own economy, the units your enemy has, type of terain the unit is in, your level of activity, your preferences and the type of map all majorly influence the type of units you need to or have to build. If your manpower production is low, infantry is not your best option, low on steel? don't build a huge armored force. Start with a lot of militia and most of your own and surounding enemy is in forrest/hills and militia becomes a viable option. On the 50 player pacific map having a navy can be quite handy, if you have oil. In the case that you do not have a lot of oil its probably best to gain intel with subs and do surprise landings and spend your oil on vehicles/planes. Blitzkrieg map? No navy needed.

Call of war is an awesome game because there is no cookie cutter solution, nor should there be!

Stormbringer50 wrote:

on bigger maps, the best ground unit by far is mechanized infantry.
      Not against tank destroyers in an open field it isn't.

Kind regards,

Edepedable

The post was edited 1 time, last by Edepedable ().

• This is true, there aren't exactly ten best units, each unit has it's own personal strengths and weaknesses. From what I've found, mechanized infantry usually does significantly well against units like infantry and motorized infantry. However, I found that one of the most disposable and easy to use Armored unit, (Early in the game at least), are light tanks.
    • to make my life easier, when I make the second part (which will be soon) will be on a separate forum post, not edited on here.

also, I am not saying these are the best units, I am saying these are units that will be a huge help to you in winning.
      FORUM GANG WARRANT OFFICER
      "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
      KNOW THE RULES!
      Call of War Game Rules
      Call of War Forum Rules
      Terms of Service

attacker 101
      Call of War Player
      EN Server | Bytro Labs Gmbh