It has already been a few weeks since WebGL is available on beta for our frontline pioneers and with today’s release everyone on desktop and Android devices will get to enjoy the new graphics renderer for Call of War. We made a lot of improvements and adjustments and were able to fix a lot of bugs also thanks to the feedback from the community. But we won’t stop at this point. We will keep monitoring the performance and make further fixes and improvements if needed to provide the best game experience.
How can I use the new renderer WebGL?
If you want to turn on WebGL simply access your in-game settings in the bottom right. You can also switch back to the old renderer later on if you wish.
With WebGL you will get to enjoy the following features:
- Stepless zooming and smooth scrolling.
- A more accurate vision range around your province.
- Army paths are displayed in the country color.
- Pathing lines also move towards their target destination even when not selected allowing players to always - have an overview where their armies are headed.
- Zooming out to see all countries is possible even on bigger maps.
- Closer zoom for accurate micromanagement.
- Airplanes now show vision ranges while in flight.
Additionally you will find a list with all fixes and improvements for Call of War mobile below.
- We did a lot of improvements regarding app crashes and already saw very positive results. If you had problems in the past, please try again and give us feedback in case you are still encountering problems related to game crashes.
- When creating an account for Call of War each user now receives a unique, random name automatically. We plan on implementing the option to make name changing possible. For now please open a ticket to change your name.
- When opening the app your last played map will instantly load instead of the main menu to be able to take action even faster.
- Furthermore you are now able to use the Android back button on your phone to access the last visited screen.
- The ‘Suggested Games’ pop-up only shows games that users are able to join and not games that are above their current rank.
- Buildings now show the right construction costs also when another building is in queue.
- When you do not have any new messages you won’t see any red number anymore. Before it displayed a ‘0’.
Your Call of War team
Sarah / Sasri
Bytro Labs GmbH
Bytro Labs GmbH