new players have no chance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• new players have no chance

there is a HUGE problem i have noticed when it comes to new games for rookies, they have no chance! when I first joined after 5 days I was defeated by a player who was a higher level compared to me. So I was hoping that the dev. team will see this and make a server that contains people lvl 10 or under (or something like that) and the same map but for higher people if so new people wont feel like this: :wallbash Oh yeah and the new update made things worse too with no lvl limit to the tutorial.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kidgamerboy ().

• Um, just saying, your diplomacy can save your life. You basically team up with a more experienced player, so you yourself can gain more experience in the game and have a higher chance to win. This is not the devs problem, it is simply the rookies not getting what to do in the beginning. Learn, my friends. My first game wasn't smooth either. I only got one non core and lost venice (I was Italy). However, I did team up with experienced people and managed to last a while until I got betrayed. You must learn from your losses.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • How is there any disadvantage to new players other than the lack of experience, which is completely normal, and the lack of elite units which don't come into play really late into a game anyway ? You literally learn the strings of the game after a day of playing or something, it's not like level makes a tangible difference.
    • Depends which map you're choosing, and the enemy strength. You can check by looking at their stats, which I do to gain intel and search out potential allies.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

Um, just saying, your diplomacy can save your life. You basically team up with a more experienced player, so you yourself can gain more experience in the game and have a higher chance to win. This is not the devs problem, it is simply the rookies not getting what to do in the beginning. Learn, my friends. My first game wasn't smooth either. I only got one non core and lost venice (I was Italy). However, I did team up with experienced people and managed to last a while until I got betrayed. You must learn from your losses.
      yeah but the problem is that how does a new player know to do that? Unless you have a friend who has played before they wont know how and will get creamed (also I tried to do that about the team thing and that is how I lost)

The post was edited 1 time, last by kidgamerboy ().

• kidgamerboy wrote:

yeah but the problem is that how does a new player know to do that? Unless you have a friend who has played before ..
      This is a good and practical answer to your own suggestion, because if you would do this ..
      Zitat kidgamerboy: "So I was hoping that the dev. team will see this and make a server that contains people lvl 10 or under (or something like that) .."
      .. how and from whom should the new players learn then if they just stay among themselves..?

On the other hand can any clever new player who early and intensive gains informations from forum and chat (which should be self-evident for players who want to participate seriously in a strategy game) have already more knowledge about the game than someone with a much higher rank. The rank (level) of a player doesn't have significance about his ability or knowledge.

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• Alternatively, you can keep losing, until you win. Every loss has lessons to learn, and every victory only inflates the oversized egos of the 13 year old boys who are adamant that the medium tank is a waste of time.

Display Spoiler
      Wait that sounded really harsh. Sorry If I offended anyone.
      "White Fang knew the law well: To oppress the weak and obey the strong"
      Jack London, White Fang

My parents once told me not to play with matches, so I built a flamethrower
    • Restrisiko wrote:

kidgamerboy wrote:

yeah but the problem is that how does a new player know to do that? Unless you have a friend who has played before ..
      This is a good and practical answer to your own suggestion, because if you would do this ..Zitat kidgamerboy: "So I was hoping that the dev. team will see this and make a server that contains people lvl 10 or under (or something like that) .."
      .. how and from whom should the new players learn then if they just stay among themselves..?

On the other hand can any clever new player who early and intensive gains informations from forum and chat (which should be self-evident for players who want to participate seriously in a strategy game) have already more knowledge about the game than someone with a much higher rank. The rank (level) of a player doesn't have significance about his ability or knowledge.
      true I only wished that some way the new player would not get killed almost instantly but also be able to learn how to play. I have seen a post I liked where the guy said about making a map for new people to start on and I would love that where its only a AI vs the new player that would be a smart move it would give them the chance to experiment
    • When I was new, I tried to be the clever player learning a lot from reading the forum. Putting that info into practice was not so easy, though. Only by battling better players did I really learn anything worthwhile. Defeat is a great teacher.

Restrisiko wrote:

The rank (level) of a player doesn't have significance about his ability or knowledge.
      This is true. Player stats give a better indication of ability. Rank is an indication of the amount of a player's experience, not the quality.
    • Nooberium wrote:

When I was new, I tried to be the clever player learning a lot from reading the forum. Putting that info into practice was not so easy, though. Only by battling better players did I really learn anything worthwhile. Defeat is a great teacher.

Restrisiko wrote:

The rank (level) of a player doesn't have significance about his ability or knowledge.
      This is true. Player stats give a better indication of ability. Rank is an indication of the amount of a player's experience, not the quality.
      ok so you had it good but I never even knew of this forum until two weeks ago. There was never something that said need help? Go to the forums to show you so that is a huge advantage but I just started and had no clue what to do
    • Don’t play poor me. If you wanted information you would have look around or asked questions. I’m an ol’man and even I know most if not all games have a forum.

If you didn’t know that your smarter now because you do. Now build on that knowledge.

I don’t mean to sound rough but not everything is handed to you. You need to seek out for your answers.
    • kidgamerboy wrote:

.. I never even knew of this forum until two weeks ago. There was never something that said need help? Go to the forums to show you so that is a huge advantage but I just started and had no clue what to do

Chuck wrote:

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • I totally agree with all previous posts from my own previous post, especially with Retrisiko. Everyone begins as a newbie, but only the attentive and smart ones learn and last. In my first game, I was really trash, with my largest army at 4 units (and I thought that was a pretty good number). Now, I've learnt and tried different tactics, like naval-based or air-based. Do not complain because you are getting wrecked. Look for anything that can help you. Press every button and see what happens. Curiosity can harm you, but there's no way of knowing if it will if you don't check. If you continue to be active in this forum, then I'm sure you can learn much faster.