1939 Historic Map Invisible Units?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1939 Historic Map Invisible Units?

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just misunderstanding game design here, but on the 1939 Map, if I'm the US, or any other country, shouldn't I see an enemy fleet right up against my shoreline?

In the screenshot, you can see the shells flying from the UK fleet, but I can't see the ships. If they are that close to me, shouldn't I be able to see them?

If I'm wrong in my thinking, that's okay. Just trying to get information.
      Images
      • COW US Map error.JPG

94.55 kB, 923×712, viewed 138 times
      Someone once asked, 'What is the difference between me and Saddam Hussein?' The answer is, 'I have a conscience and he doesn't.'- Norman Schwarzkopf

- Boomer Sooner :!: :!: - :thumbup:
    • Without looking at your game I can't give you a specific answer to this, I think if they are visible you should be able to see them, but not sure if you need another unit around. Is this on the WebGL or regular graphics?

Also if you give me the game number I can see what is going on in this particular case.

First step if you aren't seeing something is always try clearing cookies and cashe then restart your browser.
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Game ID 2466280 on regular graphics. For some reason, it seems that if they sail a fleet right up to Washington DC, I should have at least seen a "ghost" image(due to fog of war)before the troops landed.

If it's just game design, I'll remember that going forward and prepare accordingly.

Thank you.
      Someone once asked, 'What is the difference between me and Saddam Hussein?' The answer is, 'I have a conscience and he doesn't.'- Norman Schwarzkopf

- Boomer Sooner :!: :!: - :thumbup:
    • Units have a sight range, so they can see items clearly to a certain range, and then a larger range of "fuzzy" view.

See this thread for approximate numbers:

Unit sight range

Provinces do not have a sight range. They display things that are within their borders only.

Ships and Disembarking units are OUTSIDE of your province

So you will not see a disembarking unit until it is fully disembarked and moving inside your province.

See this thread also: Disembarking in a vacant enemy province - visible or not?
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<