Nuclear bombers, how to use them?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nuclear bombers, how to use them?

I lost 5 nuclear bombers and never managed to drop nuclear bomb. I do not know how, but once one player managed to kill 31 unit stack with 13 AA guns with nuclear bomber, and I did not managed to kill any unit with it. First time I tried it was killed by about 10 AA guns, later I tried first to attack with bombers and after that in 5 minutes nuclear bomber. he fall too. Than I tried to bomb province while his stock moves, and I waited him to be on 10 minutes from empty province and I sent a bomber on empty province but he fail too. Now I sent bomber to stock of 22 troops, 1 light, 5 medium tanks 7 SP arty 3AA guns level 2 , and 6 infantry and nuclear bomber fall again. 3AA level 2!!!! It is worthless to make any of Nuclear bombers and it is still mystery how people activate it. I haven`t managed yet.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Atomic bomber units are "one and done," meaning they get one attack and then they are eliminated from the board regardless of whether their attack was successful or not. If the attack is successful, it will inflict considerable damage on the enemy stack; if it is unsuccessful, it will inflict zero damage.

Whether the attack is successful is determined by the total anti-aircraft defense points of the enemy stack that is targeted. Atomic bomber units have 30 hit points. As the total AA defense points of the target stack approach 30, the likelihood (i.e. the randomized odds) increases that the atomic bomber will be destroyed before it can inflict any damage and therefore its attack will be unsuccessful.
    • I aimed stack with 3 aa guns level 2, their air defence is about 18. There in stack were tanks and infantry, but hardly they managed to have air defence about 30. But my plane crushed without making any damage. It is wrong to compare atomic bomber like other bombers because they do not have to drop bombs from same height as normal bombers so they should be less vulnerable to AA guns. I think it is bad in game. Strategic bombers and Nuclear bombers are two useless units. I think it is not worth to research them at all. Only if there is some way to drop bombs on units with aa guns. I had opportunity to see my stock hit by atomic bomber and in stock were 6 SP anti air level 4, sp arty level 4, and 5 light tanks. So my question is how does other people use it, is there something I do not know about using Nuclear bombers. I haven`t managed to drop him on big stack yet.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Some players do not use AA cover, then you can hit stock with nuclear bombers. But how to kill units with enough AA guns? What is a size of area when nuke explodes. I tried to aim empty province where his troops where heading, but failed, troops were to near. Maybe i would success if they were further away from center.
    • patriota75 wrote:

I aimed stack with 3 aa guns level 2, their air defence is about 18. There in stack were tanks and infantry, but hardly they managed to have air defence about 30. But my plane crushed without making any damage. It is wrong to compare atomic bomber like other bombers because they do not have to drop bombs from same height as normal bombers so they should be less vulnerable to AA guns. I think it is bad in game. Strategic bombers and Nuclear bombers are two useless units. I think it is not worth to research them at all. Only if there is some way to drop bombs on units with aa guns. I had opportunity to see my stock hit by atomic bomber and in stock were 6 SP anti air level 4, sp arty level 4, and 5 light tanks. So my question is how does other people use it, is there something I do not know about using Nuclear bombers. I haven`t managed to drop him on big stack yet.
      While I agree that the nuke and strat bombers are bad units generally, they do have some uses.
      - Due to their big range, they can target enemy air bases with (refuelling) planes which are out of reach for tacs (while they are much faster to deploy to the right place than rockets). Nuke bombers can take out any size air stack if you catch them at their base and strat bombers can inflict significant damages as well.
      - Strat bombers can be used as damage soakers in 5/5 tac/int stacks.
      - Both can be used to take out IC's, especially the unupgraded ones which are expensive to repair. Nukies are expensive for this purpose though. This is only useful in a pitched battle; in general, you should conquer enemy IC's and not destroy them.

But yeah, rule of thumbs, if you want to go nuclear, wait for rockets.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.