Open Markets

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Open Markets

I ran into a situation where one of my (soon to be) opponents was running out of food for his massive army... Since he wasn't yet "at war" with me; I was afraid to sell any of my massive food reserves. Aside from embargoing everyone... Is there a way to know who I'm buying/selling from?
      I think this would be a great feature considering it mimics real-world economics,,
      “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 1943
    • dioglaert wrote:

Yes, there should be an alliance marketplace and/or a coalition marketplace.

I might be making a noob mistake, but to prevent selling food to someone, wouldn't that someone have to embargo you? When you embargo them it only prevents you from accepting their offers.
      no, embargoes work both ways
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Ok, I'm not sure if I made my initial suggestion clear enough so I'll elaborate...

Say I am on day 30 of a 100pp round. My coalition (based in the Americas) is on the brink of out-right control of both continents and we are looking towards future conquests. We see there is a particular coalition in Asia which we feel will inevitably become our rival.
      We also notice that a couple of their members have grown way too fast and half of their provinces are on fire (intel shows looming shortages).
      To prevent further build up of this potential threat, it would be nice to know who's bid it is to buy 15k food I am debating on selling.
      Having this feature would mimic real-world economics by gently navigating complex political situations rather than placing an embargo on a nation you have zero diplomatic relations with, but would prefer to not fuel their advance.
      “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 1943