accidental gold spending

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Before you can shot with a rifle there must be come a voice out of the rifle that says, "do you really want to kill this person?" then you need to say, "yes I like to!"

sorry for this little joke, but your wish was posted her in the forum very often.
      you need to get back control over your fingers, to know what you are doing. ;)

Would you like to play with your friends in a game where gold is banned?

Watch for the next season starts in September!
    • Xarus wrote:

you need to get back control over your fingers, to know what you are doing.
      That's complete and utter bovine excrement, Xarus, and you should know it. Please stop trying to defend the indefensible, especially with misplaced humor. Everyone at Bytro Labs and every game operator and every forum administrator knows this is a very real problem for the average gold user, and that Bytro is quite content to leave the situation the way it is.

Many, many forum participants and experienced players -- including myself-- have repeatedly requested that Bytro's game developers add a gold use confirmation button over the past two and a half years, and those requests have been met with deafening silence. So, please understand that many of us do not appreciate your "little joke" at Waffle Army's expense.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MontanaBB ().

• MontanaBB wrote:

That's complete and utter bovine excrement ..

Calm down, Cowboy ..

MontanaBB wrote:

Many, many forum participants and experienced players -- including myself-- have repeatedly requested that Bytro's game developers add a gold use confirmation button over the past two and a half years, and those requests have been met with deafening silence. So, please understand that many of us do not appreciate your "little joke" at Waffle Army's expense.
      Many, many forum participants and experienced players, even if they don't use gold -- including myself -- are aware that using and buying gold is the basis of existence for Bytro and that it is the requirement in favor so that Not-Paying-Players -- like me -- can play this game as well and even for free.

So it is logical -- and should be understandable to us -- if Bytro thinks primarily of the paying customers ..
      .. and I can imagine that it must be terrible for gold users (the paying customers) to constantly have to confirm their actions. It would probably scare off many gold users.

Imagine it the other way round if for each attack or marching order or construction order is always asked "Do you really want to do that?".
      In that sense, Xarus' joke was a wonderful one, and at the same time also a thought-provoking comparison -- leastways for all who have understood him and are unbiased.

Now, of course, you can argue that a confirmation button could also be designed for optional deactivation -- but, would it not be easier and more ingenious instead to implement a general query at the beginning of the game..? Something like.. "Do you really feel able to join this game with all its consequences?".
      Participants in war games should be able to realize where and when they click and which consequences this has / can have -- as I think!

On the topic:

waffle army wrote:

if you spend gold on something, there should be a message saying something like "are you sure you want to spend gold on this" there have been multiple times where i have clicked espionage and accidently clicked "destroy reasources" on an ai country i really dont care about
      The spy menu since ever has terrible delays. As a result, it may happen that the displayed image does not match the actual switching surface. With open spy menu you should be very patient before you click on something.(*)
      Once before It happened to me while I scrolled the map with the spy menu open, that due to the delays, and though it was not displayed, in the background simultaneously some actions for sabotage by gold spies were clicked.
      But after reporting the facts it was checked by the support and the falsely deducted gold was refunded to me immediately. :thumbup:

And always remember:

(*)

Restrisiko wrote:

But allegedly such shouldn't happen with WebGL in the future .. :whistling:
      ..unless its performance resources will wasted on pointless comic
      graphics and child-friendly animations in Donky Kong style :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Browser games are an ingenious business idea for money pulling, more or less cleverly disguised as a game dummy.
      So be careful, caltrops, tripping wires and booby-traps can lurk everywhere.. :00000156:
      Attention!
      Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony. ;)

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • Restrisiko wrote:

So it is logical -- and should be understandable to us -- if Bytro thinks primarily of the paying customers ..
      .. and I can imagine that it must be terrible for gold users (the paying customers) to constantly have to confirm their actions. It would probably scare off many gold users.
      Nonsense, Restrisiko. It would scare off no one. If Bytro is so damn concerned about scaring off gold buyers (a complete red herring), then they can add a simple option to turn off the confirmation button pop-up. For the other 99.99% of gold users who would prefer to not have their gold used accidentally, the button is a basic courtesy to paying customers. Most reputable business organizations understand that and act accordingly.

Quit while you're ahead.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

For .. users who would prefer to not have their gold used accidentally, the button is a basic courtesy ..
      Hmm.., have you an explain for how and why it often happens to you that you "accidentally" don't hit the right keys?

As Xarus mentioned:

Xarus wrote:

..you need to get back control over your fingers, to know what you are doing. ;)

The Net-Doc about this problem:
      "If a player is unable to press the right buttons due to finger trembling, this may be an early sign for diseases such as Parkinson.
      Or, if the affected player gets too excited by the game, maybe a less thrilling game like "Pony Farm Mogul" or "Adventures with the Rainbow Unicorn" may be more appropriate
      ."

chuck.png"Germans have more humor"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Browser games are an ingenious business idea for money pulling, more or less cleverly disguised as a game dummy.
      So be careful, caltrops, tripping wires and booby-traps can lurk everywhere.. :00000156:
      Attention!
      Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony. ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Restrisiko ().

• "Hmm.., have you an explain for how and why it often happens to you that you "accidentally" don't hit the right keys?"

The last time I explained in this section of the forum exactly how it happens the thread was deleted and I received a warning.

To not have some confirmation mechanism is indefensible.
    • dioglaert wrote:

I have accidentally spent gold to buy resources because it is physically very close to the top buy offer for every resource. I agree that it is basic courtesy to provide a confirmation button. And yes, provide an option in Settings to turn off the confirmation.
      Then you should not want a confirmation button, but a better arrangement of the buttons "very close to the top buy offer for every resource".

Because with a confirmation button you would only go into an endless loop then:
      .. inadvertently click gold purchase; refuse confirmation -- accidentally click gold purchase; refuse confirmation -- accidentally click gold purchase; decline confirmation -- and so on, etc ..

Or, worse:
      .. accidentally click gold purchase; accidentally confirm gold purchase ..

• Restrisiko wrote:

Or, worse:
      .. accidentally click gold purchase; accidentally confirm gold purchase ..

Exactly. The confirm and decline buttons may be too close to each other :P
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<