Add option to allow sleeping

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add option to allow sleeping

I would like to have an option to create a game where time stops for a period which I define. For example I might make it 10 PM to 6 AM in my time zone. If necessary make it available only to the High Command, or charge a little gold even if you are in the High Command. I pay to be in High Command and I would pay 2000 gold to create a "sleep without worrying" game or 500 gold to join one.
    • Due to the different time zones this could be difficult as people sleep at different times. Example usually England is about 5 hours ahead of me in time zones, so sometimes I am on and it is already time for them to be in bed if they have to work in the morning.
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Yes, we all need sleep... But let's be real; it's been extremely rare throughout the course of history that warring armies sat down and discussed "down time" so they could catch some Zzz's. If you want a "me-centered" schedule then this is not the game for you, try CoD.
      “A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.” - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 1943
    • I didn't really pay attention to this thread/idea (sorry!) untill this thought popped in my head.
      While sleeping is unrealistic, maybe you can turn on the AI for periods while you are away.

Sleeping,holidays etc.
      Of course this may get abused by players not wanting to ruin thier stats.
      So make it so that stats are still effected for two days as normal.
    • MadMike69 wrote:

While sleeping is unrealistic, maybe you can turn on the AI for periods while you are away.
      That would be a decent compromise, but let's be honest here: AI countries do not proactively move to deal with a human aggressor in real time. The AI, even the so-called "elite" AI, is almost entirely reactive, and apart from AI units firing back, or moving, in reaction to being fired upon, their reaction time is usually measure in hours, not minutes or seconds.

Most good and experienced players will learn to manipulate AI behavior (even elite AI behavior) in order to minimize their own casualties while massacring AI units at minimal cost. It just requires patience, the right unit types, and a basic understanding of the AI's reactive behavior patterns. If your kills-to-losses ratio against the AI is only 1:1, 2:1 or even 3:1, then you're either very impatient or you have not learned and absorbed the lessons of basic AI behavior.
    • MontanaBB wrote:

If your kills-to-losses ratio against the AI is only 1:1, 2:1 or even 3:1, then you're either very impatient or you have not learned and absorbed the lessons of basic AI behavior.
      Wait, what? Even 3:1? Dang it! I have a 3.01:1, which is basically 3:1.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)