Veteran Troops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Veteran Troops

One of the realities of war is that fresh troops are less effective and sustain more casualties than veteran troops. Could this be reflected in Call of War? I would like to see each unit have an experience level that slowly advances over time when not engaged and increases faster when actively engaged in combat. That experience level could be factored in to combat calculations to both boost the unit's strength offensively and lessen it's rate of taking casualties.

The result of this would be players have an incentive to use their forces more intelligently, rather than just throw them at the enemy. Preserving units to fight another day would have more value. Perhaps even a unit's speed could be slightly improved once it reached crack level.
    • BeorntheBold wrote:

One of the realities of war is that fresh troops are less effective and sustain more casualties than veteran troops. Could this be reflected in Call of War? I would like to see each unit have an experience level that slowly advances over time when not engaged and increases faster when actively engaged in combat. That experience level could be factored in to combat calculations to both boost the unit's strength offensively and lessen it's rate of taking casualties.

The result of this would be players have an incentive to use their forces more intelligently, rather than just throw them at the enemy. Preserving units to fight another day would have more value. Perhaps even a unit's speed could be slightly improved once it reached crack level.
      I agree! And maybe the troops deal more damage/ have better defense against kinds of troops they have encountered more often. For example, a light tank takes down 5 militia, and 1 light tank. So it would be better at attacking militia than light tanks.
    • It would be more realistic, and I actually want to add more stuff to it, such as potential lower morale since in many wars when the war drags on, the veterans have very low morale compared to recruits, so there could be a balance. However, I think it takes a lot of work to do, so even if it's implemented, I doubt it'll come as a whole. Rather, the devs would most likely do this bit by bit.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • This has been suggested before, and I believe it is on the official suggestion list to be explored at some point.

My suggestion was to have the "experience" of the troops affect the range of the x-factor, as troops that have a high number of kills should have more precision in conducting an attack and will be less likely to miss.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Actually maybe combine both: when an infantry survives for longer times, the infantry starts getting better damage (effieciency) but because of lower morale due to fighting, condition slowly gets an extra 2% drop after each battle.

OR:

Don't change anything. Because even though veterans get better from experience, when veterans die, conscripts and recruits replace them, do it balances out.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)