What is the point of roleplay?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the point of roleplay?

Seriously, what is the point of role play? Having looked through some threads and stuff it all looks confusing - like - a game where you can’t attack players? I understand that some people like writing newspaper articles properly..but surely this can be done on any public game? I’m kinda confused...like I have nothing against it but can someone plz explain?
    • I suppose a guide here would be needed to flesh this process out. I have RP'ed for several years. This would very nice here however not sure how it would work really, at least not in game. I regret that due to my advanced age and thick skull I would need some guidance on the process...
      It is what it is....
    • I just don't get the point of the historical maps. It seems like it is all about country selection. Sure, even on the balanced maps geographic location or an advantage of one resource over another may make one counrtry more desireable over another. But the hisorical maps make it difficult for one of the lesser countries to catch up with the major powers - and maybe that's the appeal for some who approach it as a challenge.
    • Yeah, I have played it as such. I played Tibet. After some time, I had conquered most of Asia and was moving into Europe. But resources remained a problem; in the end, I had only around 10 (!) units and STILL had negative resources. At that point I quit it.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I regret being Australia. Goods are forever the problem, and you're light-years away from everyone else (good for defense, bad for offense)
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)