serious game bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• serious game bug

I would like to know if this has happened to anyone out there before, or if you have heard of it. You have your units moving into an empty enemy capital city less then ten minutes away. Something happens in the game that changes your mind about taking it that soon, so you either click 'stop' 'delay or even 'move' and reverse direction' but what happens is your army instantly teleports into the city. This glitch knowledge is useful if you are in a tight race for a city, and even force marching won't get you there first, if you're in that ten minute window push stop or delay and beat your adversary by teleporting. :huh: Simon Snotface
    • The "teleport" window usually begins at 5 minutes from the destination (or was it raised again?).
      Has always been part of the game mechanics (at times more, then again 5 min time span) and is triggered by every command within the time window (has something to do with the distance or range tolerance as far as I can remember).

Browser games are an ingenious business idea to lure out money ..
      ..... >> more or less cleverly camouflaged as a real game <<
      .... .. so beware of caltrops, spring-guns and booby traps. :00008185:
      Warning! Texts above this signature may contain traces of irony! :D
    • I believe the official term is the "snap" distance. Partly designed to enable grouping of units easier, as having infinite possibilities of unit location would make it quite difficult to make a group.

The distance I believe is 5 km, which will mean different times for different unit speeds. A group traveling at 15km/hour can snap to center from 19 minutes away, while an armored car at 80km/hr will only snap when within 3 minutes 45 seconds.

It also has to do with the close combat range of units. All units have a close "melee" combat range of 5 km, and any order given will translate into an attack order on enemy units or provinces within that radius.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<