Game Creation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Creation

Something I have noticed is a substantial slowdown in user created games. It used to be where the game list would continue to scroll for a long time, until about last month. This is consistent across all language servers. There are only a few 22-player map games created by the user around 10 auto generated games and a good amount of games that have been running for over year at the bottom of the short list. Is this just an anomaly for me or is it something that is happening everywhere?
      Rule, Britannia!

Eating words has never given me indigestion.
      -Winston Churchill
    • I don't think there are any less games being created, but now once games are full or too late to join they no longer show on the list.

I think games are filling faster lately, so there aren't as many choices.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I must say, that I cant agree. Look, a few weeks ago, I created a game. And now I'm serious, it took only FIVE minutes and the game was full. So I dont think that player-created games fill slower than other games cuz... seriously, if you had to scroll down that much to find my game, then why did it fill so fast? Or was it the scroll-down-hollyday? (You maybee have such holidays in the US, I dont know)
    • Perhaps you may be right. But for the past couple of weeks I have been unable to find any Historic World Maps or European Road to Wars anymore. Blitzkriegs are a rarity and are hard to find. I also have been constantly checking and refreshing the game page to make sure that they weren't getting all full, but with no luck. Literally only a month ago I could join several Historic World Wars in a day and I could always see them getting created and fill up. But as of right now I have been unable to find anything. Maybe you all are right and I am not checking fast any enough. In any case, thanks.
      Rule, Britannia!

Eating words has never given me indigestion.
      -Winston Churchill
    • Yeah, I think you got a point there. Some games are really hard to find. I think pacific war is the hardest one. It's my favourite game! America-map is also hard to find. But when you create a game, it's filled pretty fast, so self-created games are like on first page, while bigger maps are more rare. But I mean, big maps need more players, like five times more than a europe clash of nations, so on 5 europe clash of nation games, there is only one world at war. You know what I mean?
    • Never mind any of those maps, though I agree with you all. Try joining a new FLP game. You lose your status if you don't, but there aren't any games to play!?

I blame this wait to create new games. I think FLP games should be exempt from this. Also those of us who are higher level & consitantly stay in our games should have a less wait time or none.
    • Royal Britannia wrote:

for the past couple of weeks I have been unable to find any Historic World Maps
      The 25 player historical map is currently unavailable while undergoing repairs.

Royal Britannia wrote:

European Road to Wars
      Is available, but being just 10 players they do fill quickly. These are always player created, so they are subject to the whims of a player wishing to play that map and create a game.

The_OOJ wrote:

Some games are really hard to find. I think pacific war is the hardest one
      All larger maps (over 25 players) are system generated. When one fills up then a new one is created. Of course there can be some delay between that time, but in most cases it is intended that there will always be one available.

ducwigen wrote:

Try joining a new FLP game. You lose your status if you don't, but there aren't any games to play!?
      You are of course able to create a frontline pioneer game yourself, there are not any system generated Frontline Pioneer games currently. When there is a shortage of Frontline games feel free to let me know and I will see if one can be created for you.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I believe the 25p takes long to fill not only because it has lots of players, but also that it gets boring after 20-30 days, when you're trying to reach from one continent to another. I like 10p and 22p, but especially road to war because it's a fair game and favors aren't to the main nations in WW2.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Little Racoon wrote:

but especially road to war because it's a fair game and favors aren't to the main nations in WW2.
      I see what you are saying, and a lot of of the times it is true, but right now I am also currently playing WW2 25 player map and I am British India.

Turns out you just have to know what to invade and how to make your army better.

I am currently the 2nd highest on my leader-board with the 3rd largest army. It took a while, but I got there.

This is what I would recommend if you had to pick between some less powerful startup country in WW2 25 player maps. (I remind you I am still learning, so if I get anything wrong, just tell me.)

Persia:
      -Focus on making sure your border with Turkey and USSR are secured (Forts, tons of units, etc)
      -Attack easy places like Iraq and Afghanistan and other AI states
      -Once you are confident in your ability, attack British India first, then Turkey when you are done with that
      -Maybe launch a large attack on USSR if it's still alive, if not Germany (They don't pay as much attention to their borders with you. Most of the time)
      -If your done that, I think you can probably win or take a high place on the leader-board in the end.

Turkey:
      -Focus on border on the Black Sea and Europe
      -Build a large navy to protect your side from USSR
      -Attack the bots of the Middle East
      -Redirect to Persia and attack them
      -Take out Greece and the rest of the Balkans if available
      -Either attack Africa bots or British India (doesn't matter that much)
      -If you're confident in your ability, attack Germany from his southern flank (People never attack that, so it will always be open)
      -If you can beat Germany, you've already won

British India:
      -Build up that army because you ain't going anywhere with that
      -Attack Nepal and Bhutan, and then Tibet. Possibly Xingjiang. POSSIBLY.
      -Then build up that navy and air force
      -Attack Persia or USSR, your choice
      -Advance onto east Asia and take out China and Japan
      -Go down to Australia and kick off their ground harnesses and watch them all fall into the sun.
      -Now your free to do whatever you want

Canada:
      -Just make a big ass army and ally with America and Germany

Mexico:
      nope. why would you even.

Brazil:
      -Attack Argentina first
      -Take the bots out
      -Best bet is either Australia or Africa
      -Attack Southern Europe or Southern Asia
      -Take out Germany
      -Also ally with America
      Vice Versa with Argentina

Yugoslavia, Spain, and Romania (If you saw my last post, I'm in a round as Romania. I am doing good, but I have an untrustworthy ally):
      -Build up air force and land army
      -Take some AI for yourself
      -Ally with Germany, Russia, or possibly UK (Good luck)

Sweden:
      -Just build up navy and land armies and ally with Germany and you're all set.

Tell me if I missed any countries. Hope this helped.
    • I also know why to do this because I have a second account with a different email and its basically a testing account. I just go through games picking countries I know I won't have any chance at winning at first. I also try out really risky strats on it. My K/D isn't that good because of some of those strats failing.
    • I finnished second at a blittzkrieg once, as spain. Though I think brittain is allways the ultimate nation. You'r on a island, so people are not even thinking about to attack you. If you'r brittain then you should:
      * Build up a big navy
      *take belgium or the netherlands
      and you've got the victory.