Need Help due to Some Strange, Hard to Explain Problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need Help due to Some Strange, Hard to Explain Problems

...due to the huge number of simple bugs, problems, and deviations from basic logic. I will itemize a few that could be corrected with a tiny tiny bit of code ( like 30 minutes of code writing each)

RUNNING TOTAL TIME TO CODE THESE FIXES: = 32 x 1/2 hour = 16 hours of coding time to fix these so approximate 2 days of code time by a single code writer. Spread out over the 10 years this game has existed in various formats...just over an hour a year.

DAY ONE: List of 30-minute coding fixes (five minutes spent creating list):

1) Font on this page does not display correctly, (w's, g's broken)
      2) In-game chat box auto scrolls to the top when clicking on a tab
      3) Air drop boxes have no defined range of expectations so no reason to trust capturing a city to earn one
      4) No defined range of expectations for capturing a capitol city, results should collapse 90% of the entire country
      5) All vehicles lack unambiguous descriptions of outcomes
      6) Inconsistent pop-over screen menu styles
      7) Resource purchase and selling screens the worse GUI possible
      8 - No Coherence to any of the interface whatsoever, every menu appears to have been written by a different persons opinion
      9) Gold options entirely ambiguous as to results gained for cash spent
      10) Can't scroll map when selecting "delay"
      11) Delayed units don't show arrival time on hover

DAY TWO : List of 30-minute coding fixes (five minutes spent creating list):

1) No way to Force March to a city, then attack, then Standard March to the next city while I am away from the game...or Standard March to one point, then Force March to the next point, or all permutations of this.
      2) "General's suggestions" buttons overlap Resources bar
      3) Artillery is drastically and unrealistically weak, in war artillery is so effective infantry units in the open are easily destroyed in minutes.
      4) Anti-tanks is drastically over strength against infantry units..how could a high speed round be more effective than artillery against troops? correct, it isn't
      5) The chat box is worn out with people asking questions, day after day, for simple sentences that could be added to already coded text boxes. Literally, it would be as simple as adding 50 sentences, i.e., 10 minutes.
      6) Over sized icons everywhere blocking the view of the battlefield, reduce all icons by 50%
      7) No detailed description of what happened to attacking or defending troops while away from game? Crazy. The Generals only source of information after he wakes up from his nap is from a newspaper? Crazy. This would take less than 30 minutes to code a pop-up window that details a report of what happened at what time to what troops by what side. All the information is sitting their in the server waiting for standard sentences with the variables inserted, lol.
      8 - Finding out what buildings are needed to produce what units takes multiple clicks instead of a standard hover box...easy fix.
      9) City resource icon placements so close together you often don't know which city produces what resource forcing to hover over the city
      10) The left/right arrows to switch cities is useless when you have more than a dozen cities because you don't know where each one is exactly located... on the map...that you can't see...because the pop-over is so huge it overlaps the map, lol.
      TODAY'S BONUS 30 minute fix
      11) You have to SCROLL within a pop-up to see all the possibilities in the Province List Map again, because of the over-sized everything and random display pop-up method.

DAY THREE: List of 30-minute coding fixes (five minutes spent creating list):

1) Can see view range of my units when over owned territory
      2) Displays Full Fortification graphic on start of build instead of after build completed so you have to click to see level of build defense
      3) Zero ability to take shortcuts between even with very long paths, unrealistic, no one would travel 12 hours one way then 12 hours another way when the two cities are 3 hours apart as the crow flies. Soldiers and vehicles are designed for off-road travel
      4) No way to know where to build airports at as the range of the planes is entirely unknown prior to building them.
      5) Neighbor that went AFK for several days can RETURN with no chance of winning, Interfere with your plans/expend all his remaining troops for no reason, then go AFK again. Obviously ridiculous at face value.
      6) 75% reduction in resource performance for captured territories? Sure... for one day, then should be 90+ percent after that, especially if there are troops occupying the city. The workers are not going to face being fired for under performance, they need the job to provide food for their families.
      7) Cities are much too far apart, No country could function if every productive city was hundreds of miles apart. In between each city are dozens of smaller cities, all producing at 40% of the large cities output.
      8 - Supply ships would exist by the thousands before a war started, it is not new technology to be developed/ships bought.
      9) There would always be some amount of resources of every time available, it would never become zero.
      10) Reiterate that there should be a clear description of the battle events while gone. As is I have no idea when objectives were lost/regained, lost again etc.

TODAY'S BONUS 30 minute fix
      11) News paper accounts of cities lost via overthrow by citizens should have 20 versions written and selected at random, as should any other version of battles won and lost reported in the newspaper.

At least a dozen more off the top of my head but I only had 5 + 5 minutes to type this. No replies needed as I am not in charge of the company that made this game and I have no time for "opinions unsupported by good thinking"

Great game otherwise, however. If the goal is to obtain gold sales by attracting a "lessor" minority then ignore everything I typed.

The post was edited 10 times, last by GeneralKarl: Fixed software induced wrong character display. Adding ten more simple bugs/day.Day Two added, Day Three added ().