New Renderer on IPhone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Renderer on IPhone

I don't mean to spam, but today I learned I can no longer open Call of War on my iPhone 8 because of the new renderer.

I cannot check to see if is set on mobile or desktop because it crashes before I can access the settings.

Likewise, I cannot switch to the old renderer because (1) I don't think that setting is even on mobile and (2) even if it was it crashes before I can access the settings.

It's a sad day for CoW. It's really too bad because I always thought this game was better than many paid apps.
      Images
      • scteenie.jpg

78.62 kB, 1,242×2,208, viewed 41 times
    • I believe the 1942 is part of the official name, and using it for the app separates the results from the various "call of ****" apps
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • dirge wrote:

I have been able to download the app (Call of War 1942). Not sure why the 1942 was added.

The app seems to work fine. Thank you.

But, I have to point out that it works only because it is clearly running on the old render engine! This only reinforces my point.
      Yes, some devices cause some problem when using the new renderer, therefore we implemented that for these devices the old renderer is used :)
      Sarah / Sasri
      Ex-Community Manager