food- population

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• food- population

at the moment i think the population use too much food, i have only 1 lvl 3 barracks (in my capital) enabled, about 60% of my grain income is lost to my population and this is why i have had to disable my barracks, i have the same problem in all my games where i am many different Nations, im not able to build infantry if i don't have the barracks enabled so this seems to be a big problem late game when you have too many provinces.. :/
    • Same, that problem can't be solved by player, unless reducing army size a lot, which can't be done while conquering.
      While i have the mightiest army on the world i have all barack disabled expect 2, i can't produce any more infantery because their high food upkeep. So i am building only tanks, ships and plains.
      On none core provinces upgrades usually doesn't pay for the cost so investing into food production on none core provinces is also bad (worth only in early game).
      Any game i played around day 20 market is out of food, so there is not even a way to get that for yourself.

There should be more of a balance in this, like more food producing AI countries, or something to at least give options to buy it.