Poor Morale just a money maker for the game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Poor Morale just a money maker for the game?

I have an issue with Morale of conquered provinces and revolts. I had provinces flip to my side, without attacking them and within a few turns, the morale goes down leading to revolt. I have also conquered provinces, built fortifications, stationed troops and added infrastructure, yet turn after turn the morale (low teens) does not improve. Then I watch provinces, in close proximity flip to an inactive player and immediately go to 80 percent. I call BS, I think the morale thing is just a tool to force players to spend gold. Otherwise, how it a province, that I had, built fortifications on, and stationed troops has morale in the teens, I abandoned it, and then it flips for an inactive player and goes to 80 percent. It doesn't make sense.
    • 1) If a province's morale is in low teens, I check the morale trend to see if it is rising or falling. If it is falling, there is a good chance it will revolt. I will usually try to build/upgrade infrastructure or build/upgrade fort. It is important to look at the morale factors to see why morale is falling and what can be done about them. Usually provinces in their teens are recently captured provinces that have foreign troops in them or have been bombarded.
      2) I try to stabilize my provinces at 30 or higher. Sometimes that can be challenging. Whenever possible it is better to prevent a province's morale from dropping to low teens.
      3) If a province rebels, often when you retake, the province will have a higher morale than when it rebelled.
      4) When a province flips to you, it is often at a decent morale. Sometimes it is better to let provinces flip to you rather than capture them. The risk is that they might flip to someone else.
      5) If province morales are in their teens and falling, you are probably far away from your capital. You may have a lot enemies. Minus 5 morale times up to five enemies. If you are fighting AIs, you could try to get peace temporarily with one or more of them to reduce the enemy countries penalty.
      6) Capturing a capital after you have captured a number of enemy provinces and before day change will give plus 10 morale to all provinces.
      7) On some maps, moving your capital nearer to the front line or nearer to the center of the map (north-south or east-west can help. You have to access how much this will affect your production in core provinces though.
    • A relatively little-used technique for morale management is "capital farming". For huge empires on the big maps, capital conquest is a key factor in morale managament - ALL of your provinces get an immediate 10% boost, which is a HUGE bonus for an expanding enemy and, when handled properly, can make all the "daily change" modifiers irrelevant.

Here are some ideas for this:
      - When possible, make sure you take the capital of your enemies and AI conquests as shortly before day change as possible. All the provinces which have been captured on that day will immediatly get the bonus, thus taking them above the revolt treshold. On a day when you have conquered (say) 10 or 20 provinces, it is absolutely worth it to stand at the capital gates for hours if it is tactically feasible. As a side effect, the plundered loot for capital conquest is also higher for capitals taken shorter before DC.
      - Do not take out your enemies completely, leave them a few provinces without resources or VP's, preferrably surrounded by your territory so no vultures disrupt your scheme. Knock out any troops with artillery or air, but don't take the ground, just leave an AA near the dot. When they go inactive, you'll see that they spend their remaining resources to rebuild their capital. When they do, schedule to retake it 5m (use "delay") before DC. You can take 3-5 capitals of the SAME enemy in this way.
      - Go capital hunting. There are many light-defended AI's on the map which don't always attract human interest. The groups of small islands in the Pacific on the 100p map are the best example of this. Send out a small army (for example, 3 light tanks) early in the game to this region, even if you live very far away (say: Africa), and take out their capital, offer peace, wait till they rebuild their capital on a different island, repeat. You can manage/farm several of these small neighbors in the same way with one single hunting group.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Hello to all,

Capitol farming is a great way indeed, hunting armies that are doing capitol hunting far away is also a very good idea. I hardly ever have any morale issues on any maps because I always do the following things.

- Capitol farming (only on big maps)
      - Move your capitol in time, and if in a player rich envirement move around often, prevents well planned all out attacks to have your capitol captured.
      - Make sure your core producing provinces have lvl 3 infastructure AND fortifications so that production won't drop when your capitol is no longer nearby.
      - keep countries you are at war with to a minimum. How do you combine this with capitol farming? Pick a country that you can get into every province of. This way you can always only take their capitol and wait for them to rebuild it somewhere else. AI countries are best for this of course, do it the way K.Rokossovoski said.
      - have units around that are fast and can just stand there for a while. On bigger maps I usually use 2 ligtht tanks or 2 moto infantry for this. just have them run around rebelling provinces that are emty anyway and without paying them a lot of attention they will stay yours after capitol captures here and there.
      - Look for provinces that have a lot of morale bonus buildings on capture. Develop these structures further. Having these good morale oozing provinces here and there helps a lot for the surrounding provinces and means you do not have to build them everywhere (they get a neigbour bonus).

Good luck!

Edepedable
    • You should read my complete guide to morale and rebellions. Understanding how it works is invaluable.

forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…ions-and-province-morale/
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<