2+ months of hard work/ruined by a bug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 2+ months of hard work/ruined by a bug

First, let me clarify that this is not necessarily a "bug" but more of EXTREMELY poor game mechanics.

Jump into my game of Call of war, where for 2+ months I have been dominating the map, building up THE largest air force in the entire match. I end up leaving my alliance, attack a member of this said alliance, and make very good advancements. With no surprise the alliance responds by attacking me. Just a few random units lazily spread out here and there, no problem~! :D my air force consisting of just more than 40 units can easily take them out.

Now here is what went wrong, and what needs to be fixed

My aircraft depart to attack a unit that are advancing on a nearby airfield, eta 10 minutes. I also launch missiles at this enemy unit, which happen to take it out. At this same time there is a nuclear bomber unit spotted, coming to take out my airfield. I direct my air force to take it out. the enemy nuclear unit is within reach from my initial departure location, meaning that no refueling SHOULD happen...right? WRONG. 1 minute and 30 seconds is the eta for my aircraft to ATTACK the enemy nuclear squadron. Yet for some reason, my aircraft land, a new eta of 13 minutes appears, and they are obviously blown to oblivion, screwing me over. :wallbash

Why in the world is this a thing? Since the target unit was within the initial boundary/ distance limitation, no refuel should have happened. Not to mention that the game gave me an eta of 1 minute and 30 seconds to the target, then changed route to refuel, then game me a new eta of 13 minutes. :cursing: :wallbash :thumbdown:

This really needs to be fixed. I have played this game for 2 years, and so much that I was gifted high command at one point when the game was in it's early stage.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE THIS ARROUND X/
    • This is why I only patrol, and never give an attack order. It eliminates needless refueling. Planes can move from patrol to patrol within the green zone withou lt returning to base, and can move to a different green zone with a simple touch and go at the airbase. No refueling required.

Did you check the "green zone" of your planes before giving the attack order? If they target was outside the green zone it would definitely require returning to base
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • There is a related bug in the game, which exists for a long time, but it isn't consistently reproducable, so hard to fix. There is a workaround though. It has something to do with rebasing, and reorganizing (merging/splitting) different forces.

Go for patrol with an affected force, and the "cone" isn't aligned to the first patrol location (for example, NW from your airfield), but heading straight East. If you want to reposition your air force to a closeby location, you can't, and the force will return to base (SOMETIMES, but not always, requiring a refuel), then head out to the new assigned location.

This behavior can be prevented by giving an initial patrol location after the rebase, and IMMEDIATLY giving a new patrol order. If the unit was affected by the bug, it will return to base (BUT it was only a few seconds out yet, so no big deal), cure itself somehow, then fly off to the new location. I haven't ever seen it requiring a refuel when handled like this. I have made this standard procedure in my air force whenever planes have been rebased.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.