New rule for airplanes-

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New rule for airplanes-

Back in the day, when you were took off from airport A and flying to airport B, if the enemy took airport A while you were flying to B, your planes would drop and turn into a cargo and return to the tarmac of airport A to be destroyed by the enemy.

Then COW introduced the option of having a nearby airport as support. So if you were patrolling from airport A and were also near airport C then when the enemy took Airport A you would auto switch to airport C.

Today I had only 2 airports and they were very far apart. I took off from airport A and was flying to airport B to land and refuel. The enemy was 19 minutes away at a force march to taking ( unprotected) airport A with a tank. I was 22 minutes away from landing at airport B.

The enemy took airport A before i managed to land at airport B, However to my surprise my planes continued on and landed safely at airport B.

My question is how much risk can i take when gong from airport A to airport B in terms of time. Is it a halfway measure. I wanted to stay at airport A and finish my patrol possibly killing the tank, but it would leave me with only 14 minutes to get back to airport B which was a 22 minute flight.

Is there a halfway rule, whereby if you are halfway to airport B which is 22 minutes flight and you are 10 minutes out that even if the enemy take your airport A that you can still land safely.

What are the new rules. Please if anyone can explain.
    • Planes assigned to airbase A go on patrol, You lose airbase A.
      If any other airbase eg. B or C is in range,planes will stay on patrol but be assigned to one of them.

Planes sent to move from airbase A to airbase B get assigned to airbase B.
      If airbase A is lost, the planes will still carry on to assigned airbase B.
      Is airbase B is lost, the planes return to airbase A.

If planes assigned to airbase A go on an attack mission, and airbase A is lost.
      Planes will not be assigned to another airbase but return to airbase A
      and turn into trucks.
    • Thank you.

If my planes are sent (assigned) to Airport B on a 20 minute flight from Airport A and then 2 minutes later a enemy tank takes Airport A. Will my planes still fly safely to airport B or will they get destroyed with the loss of Airport A.

I am thinking the planes must be at least halfway to airport B to be assigned that airport.
    • I am not sure if there is a distance rule such as you describe on direct flight like that, but let's say that you just put your planes on patrol over airbase A theoretically even a few seconds before it was captured: In that case the plane would remain on patrol in that location and switch to being based from any other airbase in range.

In practicality your plane needs to be in the air before the enemy gets within the 5km close combat range. So a unit traveling at 50 km/hour will be in attack range 6 minutes before it actually arrives at the province center.

Now of course if you have two airbases in range, there is the possibility that it will switch to a less desirable airbase.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • VorlonFCW wrote:

I am not sure if there is a distance rule such as you describe on direct flight like that, but let's say that you just put your planes on patrol over airbase A theoretically even a few seconds before it was captured: In that case the plane would remain on patrol in that location and switch to being based from any other airbase in range.
      Exactly. This is the preferred way to handle a situation like this. In this way, you even circumvent the refuel time at airport B, required after a "normal" rebase.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Excellent, Thanks.

For patrol the planes need an air base less than a half distance of their range in order to switch.

If the airports distance apart equals the entire diameter of the circular range of the planes, then the patrolling planes i assume will not switch. The airport needs to be nearby ? or within that green triangulation found in the planes radar range?

Or less than half the distance of the full range.
    • Wow, I'm not sure if I follow that; but I don't know any plane rule with anything about "half range". Patrolling planes will instantly rebase, without refuel and staying in patrol stance, to any airbase which is in range of their patrol location when their home base is lost; if there are several, it appears to be random.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I have never determined exactly what the range of the plane is when an airbase is lost. I do know that it is at least a little more than the standard radius.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Planes in flight (with exception of being on attack mission) will be reassigned to ANY own or friendly airbase within the action radius (the large white circle) of the planes.

There is no half-way rule, location in green triangle or any other condition; only location within the action radius counts.
      Any airbase of your own or at least ROW country will do.