Militia Spam

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Militia Spam

Militia, in the current state of the game, if you look at it, are extremely overpowered. Imagine, you can start as any nation, build 1 lvl barracks in ALL of your provinces and all conquered provinces, and in 9 hours, a militia will be made. Multiply this by 25 for provinces, and then 3 for the time it takes to make it in approximately 1 day, you can have upwards of 75 militia in one day. (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a bit tired atm) Does this NOT seem extremely overpowered?
    • Militia have a niche in hilly terrain or if you need a lot of units to cover a wide area. They have some niche defensive value. Their attack stat sucks.
      Most players would love for you to build a lot of militia. They can be easily defeated on most terrain except hills by infantry or armored units. On hills, you might need a larger force to deal with them. They can defend against someone sending a single militia, an AA or an AT against you. They can delay an invading force while you bring up reinforcements. They can engage an enemy in a melee battle so you can hit the enemy with artillery. To build a lot of militia would use a lot of manpower and food. At 15 km/hr militia are the slowest land unit.
    • Militia is USELESS. With only lvl 1 barracks, it take 1 day 12 hrs to make militia, and the barracks + militia consumes a lot of food. Even if you have sufficient food, militia is EXTREMELY slow and can't catch up to anything. Would never produce it.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)
    • Militia is considered as useless from many players, but in some cases it is a great unit!

If manpower is unlimited, but grain and goods are bottleneck ressources, plus you are defending, sitting in a fortress and two artillery division is just bombarding each other, than you should choose militia in stead of infantry! Really nice damagesucker!

If you are defending in hills, militia gives you a nice defensive value!

If you have great divisions with many infantries, the SBDE decrease infantry values to thelevel of militia!

If you need some unit very fast to avoide rebellion.

So yes, iagree that in most cases militia is not an effective soultion, but if manpower not an issue and research tree is almost fully done, than there are some cases, when even me use militias!
    • What pains my eyes most (and it is a common sight!), is a player marching around with a 20-unit stack and a single militia amongst it. People... they are SLOW and bog down everything coming along with them!!
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

What pains my eyes most (and it is a common sight!), is a player marching around with a 20-unit stack and a single militia amongst it. People... they are SLOW and bog down everything coming along with them!!
      i said, that militia is very usefull in some cases. I do not need speed if i sit in a lvl4 fortress... do not use militia for running, lol

But yes it is rarely useable, it depends your map and your selected nation. I won the historic 25 p map with Persia -try to do so, without using militia! But do not use on 10 p map!
    • szinisa wrote:

Militia is considered as useless from many players, but in some cases it is a great unit!

If manpower is unlimited, but grain and goods are bottleneck ressources, plus you are defending, sitting in a fortress and two artillery division is just bombarding each other, than you should choose militia in stead of infantry! Really nice damagesucker!

If you are defending in hills, militia gives you a nice defensive value!

If you have great divisions with many infantries, the SBDE decrease infantry values to thelevel of militia!

If you need some unit very fast to avoide rebellion.

So yes, iagree that in most cases militia is not an effective soultion, but if manpower not an issue and research tree is almost fully done, than there are some cases, when even me use militias!
      In most cases, a militia reduces rebellion risk but won't prevent it entirely.
      Militia can occassionally slow an attack especially in hills. I occassionally use them in hills to have a military presence so someone can't just roll through an otherwise unoccupied province. Militia can defend against the single AA, single AT or single militia attacks which some players use when they are trying to overrun your country.
      For stack diversity I prefer to use other units. If my stack is stationary, I may include militia in a stack for long as it is stationary.
    • Real_Etharon wrote:

Militia, in the current state of the game, if you look at it, are extremely overpowered. Imagine, you can start as any nation, build 1 lvl barracks in ALL of your provinces and all conquered provinces, and in 9 hours, a militia will be made. Multiply this by 25 for provinces, and then 3 for the time it takes to make it in approximately 1 day, you can have upwards of 75 militia in one day. (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a bit tired atm) Does this NOT seem extremely overpowered?
      Considering you are a level 11 player at the moment of me reading/responding to all this, I am sure you by now have changed your mind about this. No, militia is not in any way OP. It is very under used since a lot of players mistakenly see it as useless, but when defending hills or forrests it is always a better option then infantry of the same level is. You can not spam the unit as you mentioned by the way, and even if you could 75 militia is not in any way OP. To many units do heavy damage against infantry for that and then there are the requirements for 75 militia. As other players already told you this costs a huge amount of manpower. At the start of maps you willl probably have around 5000 manpower to spend every day for the first two weeks, giving you about 3 militia units per day. Militia is not your best option due to its somewhat limited uses in maps. Since you are a beginner in Call of War my advice to you is as follows. Build every unit in the game at least once and see what you can do with them.

Kind regards,

Edepedable
    • By the way:

Militia production time of 9 hours assumes Industrial complex level 1 and Barracks level 1.

With only a barracks the production time of militia is 36 hours.

You will run out of manpower or food before long spamming many militia
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • I don't even research Militia as their fighting power and speed aren't worth the effort. I use AT's in their place. AT's are 'soft' so they can be placed in cities without penalty, move 5km faster, and can stop AC's and tanks on a breakout. The time to make AT's is a little longer than Militia but not when considering the length of games.
      I think many newbie's only see how cheap and quick they are (Militia) without analyzing all aspects.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • when on their highest level and put into forests and hills, militia their defensive rating goes up to 10.5 against infantry.That is higher than that of commando's without bonus. They definately have their uses. Considering their upkeep is low, it is somewhat okay to wait a little while before they get somewhere. Just don't use them as your only invasion unit or have them in all your divisions.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Edepedable ().

• Edepedable wrote:

when on their highest level and put into forests and hills, militia their defensive rating goes up to 10.5 against infantry.That is higher than that of commando's without bonus. They definately have their uses. Considering their upkeep is low, it is somewhat okay to wait a little while before they get somewhere. Just don't use them as your only inasion unit or have them in all your divisions.
      I thought a L6 Militia was a 3.0 against infantry(soft targets)...add 75% to that for being in the hills (+2.25) and then it has a value of 5.25. I think you are reading something wrong...A L6 Inf is only 8.3 L5 Mo Inf 9.0 l5 Mech 10.8...
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • Militia level 6 has 6.0 defense against infantry armor class 6 × 1,75 = 10,5 defene against infantry in forests and hills.
      Infantry has 8.3 on the defense against infantry.

On the attack level 6 militia has 4.0 against infantry armor class, 4 × 1,75 =7 attack in hills and forests.
      Infantry has 5.5 on the attack against infantry.

They are slightly outperformed by infantry when defending and attacking against armor though.

However, if at all possible manpower wise, in forests and hills 9 out of 10 you are better of with 1 militia combined with 1 anti-tank than you are with 2 infantry when versing infantry and armor.

Militia has its use in the game.
    • I found my info on one of the forum's sights that gave out unit strengths for each level.
      I can't play any games right now...sigh. I am regulated to pissing people off in the forum. LOL
      I leave in 3 weeks for 2 months and will be out of pocket to play. Heading south for the winter.