any tips for a nub like me?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• As you stated in another thread -- "SPAM ZE LIGHT TANKS! (early game of course -_-)" --- Go ahead - Make My Day!
      "Es gibt keine verzweifelten Lagen, es gibt nur verzweifelte Menschen" - There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.
      General Heinz Guderian (Schneller Heinz)

Kenny says - You've got to know when to hold 'em, Know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away And know when to run
    • I've been trying out more defensive strategies lately. So a couple defensive tips:
      • building fortifications goes a long way. Even if they overrun you eventually, you can win the war of attrition. And it can save valuable time.
      • Lots of people are heavy on tanks and tactical bombers. Use the cheap anti-tank and anti-air units. They minimize a lot of damage.
      • If someone is fighting or threatening you, look at their profile and see their stats (like what units they use the most). That can give you an idea on the type of player they are.
    • Early game: If your enemy is using armored cars, anti tank counters them.
      If your enemy attacks with infantry, have his infantry attack yours. Then you get defensive stats.
      Artillery is good for hitting his troops as they approach yours. Move your artillery behind front lines before the enemy gets with 5 km of them.
      In hills, a militia can slow the enemy down.
      Defend urban areas with infantry class units. If your enemy attacks urban areas with armored units most loose 50% or their attack and hit points.
      If you are defending a core province, you get a 15% home defense bonus. This won't save you but use it to your advance.
      Research armored cars early. It is a short research and needed before you can research tanks.
      some players will try to breakthrough and then run armored cars through your provinces to capture any undefended provinces.
      Later in the game, some players will try to breakthrough and then run light tanks (LT) through your provinces.
      Be flexible. Try to recon what your enemy has with an AC (armored car) or a fighter (sometimes you start a game with one).
    • FUNGUS_TE_FIRST wrote:

say, I was reciving a royal ass kicking, what would the advice be from all you older, more experienced players?
      - Read some of the forum's beginners guides.

On the forum:
      ‘’Game guide’’ by unpredictabl
      ‘’[Unofficial][WIP]CALL OF WAR PUBLIC GUIDE’’ by SuggestedSuggest
      ‘’Strategy guide PL and CoW in general’’ by miech

- Train every unit in the game at least once just to see and get a feel for its mechanics.

Kind regards,

Edepedable
    • What Edepedable says is probably your best option...I see you have 38 kills in 7 games and a .93 K/D. That is only 5 kills per game while everyone starts with 20...
      I suggest you play several 22 games until you can a better grasp of the game.

1) Build your infrastructure in your core provinces. Continually.
      2) You are fighting with too small of stacks and are getting picked off. If the enemy has 3 in a stack, you need at least 4. Don't even think about slowing him down with 1 unit if he is coming with 3. Retreat and join it up with others.
      3) Don't attack, even a bot, with just 1 unit. You may get lucky and win but your unit is now so severely damaged it is toast.
      4) Defend your cities with AT and Inf. Research LT's, arty. Place arty behind your front lines to help you defend NOT with the units.
      Good luck learning the game!
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • early game around day 1-4 focus on increasing your resources in your core province mainly oil and steel and just manufacture light tanks don't bother with producing anything at around day 4-5 which ever u prefer u can attack ai with your stacked light tanks and over run the ai countries and start to produce both interceptor and tactical bombers as you will need them in the late games.... after day 8 research mt and just spam the opp with mt backing it up with your huge air forces you could stick with light tanks
    • 25clash8 wrote:

early game around day 1-4 focus on increasing your resources in your core province mainly oil and steel and just manufacture light tanks don't bother with producing anything at around day 4-5 which ever u prefer u can attack ai with your stacked light tanks and over run the ai countries and start to produce both interceptor and tactical bombers as you will need them in the late games.... after day 8 research mt and just spam the opp with mt backing it up with your huge air forces you could stick with light tanks
      I gotta disagree. I like the beginning part with increasing resources, but I definitely wouldn't suggest spamming LTs, especially against experienced opponents. Even though tanks counter infantry, the health of the infantry allows it to delay it a little, and those precious hours can be earned by producing ATs, which would crush your tank army. I know this thread is old, and some people have really good advice, so I'll focus on the problems on this post and suggestions on alternatives (no offense 25clash8).

I highly suggest not attacking ai countries unless you only have one or two neighboring countries early game. I like how 25clash used the classic blitzkrieg, but it's missing one important part: artillery. Arti gives you constant bombardment so you can minimize losses, and it is very good for eliminating frontline enemy forces, especially early game when you can use a bit of infantry to delay enemy invasions and decimate them with arti behind. Don't put airforce that early, as I have learnt in my recent humiliating loss which ended in my defeat after only several days. Airforce is useful, but since AA comes default, I recommend waiting until the others have depleted their AA, since not many players would focus on AA, myself included, even though we all know the importance of AA.

In resource usage in construction, I believe the cities are the most important. The cities are your military powerhouses early game, and without efficient construction, your country will fall behind other countries. It really depends on what you're lacking in, but I would highly suggest early game to build infrastructure in places with goods and rare, maybe even steel, since those are in high demand early game in the construction and research rush (ignoring my above city statement). In mid-game, it would be steel and oil, and in late-game, it would be food and oil. Utilize this knowledge (and timing), and you will be the most efficient builder in the game among few others.

Finally, NEVER EVER STOP PRODUCTION OF UNITS (with a few exceptions). When you stop producing units, the enemy has a chance to overtake your military power and potentially win the war. That's all I have, and I hope this is useful not only for Fungus, but for other newbies too.
      "As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable." Albert Einstein

"Giving up is not an option in war, for it proves one's incapability and incompetence as a leader." - Me (Little Racoon)