Going Mechanized with Air Support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Going Mechanized with Air Support

What is everyone's thoughts on going pretty mobile as soon as possible. I mean going Lt and Medium Tanks, Mechanized Infantry with SPArt and SPPAA with a BIG airforce behind them? It would'nt be the biggest force but it seems to cut a path through most anything the average player puts up against it. When I see an opening, I send the Lt Tanks to take everything but the cities (tanks suck in cities), which I leave for the Motorized Inf and Bombardments.

If I run into a bigger force, I slow down or stop and weaken them by air.

What are the things I should watch out for?
    • Yes, you are going in right way. Problem is lack of oil and the way you should use units.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Tell me about the oil.......it's in short production right now and the price is skyhigh. ON the flip side, SP stuff is realtively cheap to produce. I use all my starting units, the reg AA, AT, Art and Inf to be the follow up force. it's been working but the Oil is the key to all of that.
    • Pavilx wrote:

Tell me about the oil.......it's in short production right now and the price is skyhigh. ON the flip side, SP stuff is realtively cheap to produce. I use all my starting units, the reg AA, AT, Art and Inf to be the follow up force. it's been working but the Oil is the key to all of that.
      There are about 100 variations. If you have more than just a single oil producing province in your core, you probably can produce enough oil to keep up with your needs as long as you keep upgrading them (3 IF and 5 IC upgrades) and selectively upgrade a few other oil provinces along the way. For me it's all about the oil (and upgrading all my core). When I look and see what my other coalition members have in the way of upgrades for their core, I am usually ahead of them by a substantial amount. By mid-game there may be 1 or 2 gamers who are producing as much materials as I am. (not talking or including the gold spammers). Oh, and if you do blitz and are successful and can keep moving forward your next problem will be food. I say your not a real veteran of this game until you experience losing 1,000 food per hour! That will make you pucker.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • ike53 wrote:

Pavilx wrote:

Tell me about the oil.......it's in short production right now and the price is skyhigh. ON the flip side, SP stuff is realtively cheap to produce. I use all my starting units, the reg AA, AT, Art and Inf to be the follow up force. it's been working but the Oil is the key to all of that.
      There are about 100 variations. If you have more than just a single oil producing province in your core, you probably can produce enough oil to keep up with your needs as long as you keep upgrading them (3 IF and 5 IC upgrades) and selectively upgrade a few other oil provinces along the way. For me it's all about the oil (and upgrading all my core). When I look and see what my other coalition members have in the way of upgrades for their core, I am usually ahead of them by a substantial amount. By mid-game there may be 1 or 2 gamers who are producing as much materials as I am. (not talking or including the gold spammers). Oh, and if you do blitz and are successful and can keep moving forward your next problem will be food. I say your not a real veteran of this game until you experience losing 1,000 food per hour! That will make you pucker.
      Well I almost got to that point-880/ hr in food and none for sale. it's scary
    • Oh wow never knew someone would use the same tactic as me lol

If your gonna go mechanized with air support then your wanna take the opponent out in one blow or completely cripple the enemy in the first day, so you won't need sp arty your mainly just gonna rely on bomber to do most of the dmg and the ground forces will be used to clean up the weaken units. For the oil issue just build industrial complex and infrastructure and build naval bases as well if you can.

You can add in infantry at the back if you have the resources but most of the time your probably won't need it

The post was edited 1 time, last by 25clash8 ().