Canceling Shared Map with Provinceless Player

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Canceling Shared Map with Provinceless Player

Playing a 100 player map, its about day 16. Many player have had all they´re land taken. One such player had Shared Map with. He is plenty active despite having no land nor troops, I have no idea what he is doing. However I started to question his loyalty so I went to the diplomacy tab to switch off Shared Map and lo and behold his country isn't there anymore! He has no land ( I have checked trust me. Spent about an hour clicking through all those pacific islands to make sure), I have searched the diplomacy tab many time( on mobile and Computer), go days back in the newspaper to click his country name( Ethiopia), only to be redirected to the diplomacy tab that doesn´t have him in it. I have also sent him a Row for Row trade, but he refuses to accept, saying he wants to just ¨spectate¨ (More like spying!). So my question is how would I go about to turn off Shared map with this individual?
    • Interesting delima! Maybe give him a province and see if he will bite? Once he accepts the province switch him off and kill him!
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • I like Ike's suggestion. Give him a province

Alternately you can send a report to the support department and we can investigate that player for multiple accounts. Of course typically I would direct you to do that through their diplomatic profile :P In this case send a bug report - general question detailing the situation and your suspicion that the player may be spying for an alternate account and we can check for that. If we find no evidence of multiple accounts however we cannot do anything to turn off the shared map for you.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<
    • Although I am not the player you are concerned about (not currently in any 100p maps), sometimes I like to spectate / "watch the fireworks" ;) I don't have a multiple account as Vorlon implied might be the case. I would be wary of the player's motives though. If I were him and the reason I was taken out of the game is because you stabbed me in the back, I might be inclined to give intelligence to your enemies just to spite you. On the other hand, if you're cool, I would just like to continue to watch the game and not say a word to anyone.
    • What could help to deal with this,is if a player has lost all provinces that thier mail icon disappears from diplomacy screen,so they are not able to write mails.So information is much harder to pass on.

Thinking about it.. maybe thier whole diplomacy tab disappears/gets disabled?
    • We're dealing with something that is on the very extreme fringe of the game...might not have any provinces BUT may have 1 submarine? You would have a heck of a time seeing it and if he continued to log in I suspect it would allow him to stay active on diplomacy. If it was a bot, the sub would disappear after day change. My guess is there is something out there somewhere and Jeff just can't spot it.
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • When a player loses all their provinces, they disappear from diplomacy screen. You then have no way to unilaterally change their status. Since they have no provinces, they don't even change to an AI bot. So, they wouldn't even have to have any units left to continue viewing shared map.
      If they did have a sub, they could also stay active by moving. In this particular case, they don't even have to stay active.
    • ike53 wrote:

We're dealing with something that is on the very extreme fringe of the game...might not have any provinces BUT may have 1 submarine? You would have a heck of a time seeing it and if he continued to log in I suspect it would allow him to stay active on diplomacy. If it was a bot, the sub would disappear after day change. My guess is there is something out there somewhere and Jeff just can't spot it.
      I have no way of knowing if he has switched off shared map with me because I can´t see our relations in the diplomacy tab, and being provinceless, I can´t exactly spy on him either. He didn´t have a navy actually, he never got a port before he was bulldozed by the african coalition, so we can cross that out. I might try Vorlon suggestion, maybe this player is multi accounting and could get banned, solving this whole problem.
    • MadMike69 wrote:

What could help to deal with this,is if a player has lost all provinces that thier mail icon disappears from diplomacy screen,so they are not able to write mails.So information is much harder to pass on.

Thinking about it.. maybe thier whole diplomacy tab disappears/gets disabled?
      I´ve actually corresponded with him, far beyond when he had lost all his provinces. He definitely still has the diplomacy tab. The reason I suspect him of spying is because he has requested Shared map with all of those in my coalition as well, with a simple request to ¨spectate¨. And some of the members of my coalition were the ones that attacked him earlier on, so its understandable why he would have a grudge.
    • If this player is still listed as active, then you can speculate that he in fact has to have at least one unit still alive as if you don't make moves for two days you become inactive. Just logging in doesn't make you remain active you have to do some action and it appears that action has to involve troop movements.
      PrinceofHonor
      Senior Moderator
      EN Support Team | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Click here to submit a bug report or support ticket
    • Any land or air unit could also be somewhere in the sea too. Most likely though player has a sub. If you both have shared map, the unit(s) would be visible to you. Might be extremely had to find but they would be visible unless this player turned off your having shared map before he lost his last province which is entirely possible.
    • PrinceofHonor wrote:

Just logging in doesn't make you remain active you have to do some action and it appears that action has to involve troop movements.
      Several maps ago, I was in a coalition, and I was taken out. I had no provinces, no troops...nothing. But I continued to log in and check the progress of the game. Toward game end, I reapplied to my old coalition after one of the other players was taken out. They reluctantly agreed to allow me back into the coalition and after they re-took some of my core provinces, I got those provinces back and I was back in the game...albeit slowly.

As was mentioned before, this is probably a very "extreme" tactic (one that I haven't used since), but hey, it worked.