How does the game produce resources for sale?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How does the game produce resources for sale?

Is it all just player driven or do PC countries put stuff up for sale. Right now in the game I'm in, Oil and Rares are at max prices and not even a lot of units to sell and I have respectable Buy offers out there.

Just wondering if the PC's do buying and selling?
    • PrinceofHonor wrote:

Yes, the AI does place orders, and unlike players can ask higher prices.
      Do you know how the AI determines pricing? Is it an avg of current prices? Could players drive up the price by offer $20 prices at the start?
      "Until there are clearly defined and enforceable rules for hand-to-hand combat, there can't be rules in global war. Kill em all!"
    • ike53 wrote:

PrinceofHonor wrote:

Yes, the AI does place orders, and unlike players can ask higher prices.
      Do you know how the AI determines pricing? Is it an avg of current prices? Could players drive up the price by offer $20 prices at the start?
      I don't know for certain, but it seems to be dependent on the quantity available and the need to sell. Minor AI countries may only produce one resource and they have to sell in order to buy everything else. Late game the AI of larger nations spends itself into a corner and puts higher prices on stuff depending on how desperate they are.

This is mostly from observation, and from having a few games where I would go inactive and then return later and seeing what the AI did with my resources while I was away.
      War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin keep out of the way til you can. - Winston Churchill

VorlonFCW
      Retired from Bytro staff as of November 30, 2020.

>>> Click Here to submit a bug report or support ticket <<<