Announcement New Points awards Beginnig new season starting Jan 2019

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• grandpooba52 wrote:

thanks everyone for your help and responses

i have been persuaded to use a percntage based on map size
      the 22 player map will be the base of 100% VP
      the 50 will be scaled to 50% VP
      the 100 will be scaled to 25%
      lastly the 10 player map will be 200%

you still have time to persuade me that this is unfair or unworkable
      You need to add bonuses. Because maps with fewer people like 22 and 10 are easier than maps 50 and 100. It is absurd to win maps 100 or 50 but only get a few points
    • haidang2014 wrote:

You need to add bonuses. Because maps with fewer people like 22 and 10 are easier than maps 50 and 100. It is absurd to win maps 100 or 50 but only get a few points
      the theory is that the bigger maps are half AI and easily overcome
      i dont expect that we will ever get to use the 100
      and the smaller maps are mostly human and harder to defeat
    • Thought I'd open this topic up again.

As the situation is now, PL is just finishing up a 10P map. It looks like I will be finishing first, having 258 VP right now. The player in 2nd place is doing his first PL map this season and is a level 26 player. Reason for this is that the map ended in a 2 vs 2. So I coached the other player to defeat the 2 players that wanted to conquer the map together, instead we did.

This brings about the following situation. I will get 500+ points from only this map.
      The level 26 player doing his first PL map of the season will end with around 450. Putting him 2nd in the PL lead board as it currently is. Most other players average around 250 points for the season so far, or farr less than that.

So basicly, PL will become unplayable for me for the rest of the season. I have a massive target on my head because by ending first in, really only on this map, I suddenly have a lot more points then everyone else. The player ending 2nd has double the amount of points of most othe players after playing only 1 map, them having played 3.

The current point system seems to be a bit off to me. Differences should not grow to become this big midway through the season. It makes the PL into a multiple games VP gathering join foces war. I'd welcome suggestions to make PL about playing without gold without the VP issue comming into play as much.

It honestly also makes every players move very predictable. All I need to do is check someone's VP in the ranking and I can be somewhat certain of the direction they will take on a map. In reverse, there will likely be unions to take out players with a large amount of points first after which the backstabbing can begin. It just takes away the fun for me.

I think a system that would make it more possible for players to win the PL even if they join later in the season would be more fun for everyone.

Maybe something like this would be better.

14 players entering a PL map? Points rewarded could look like this:

1 st place 13 points
      2 nd place 12 points
      3 rd place 11 points
      4 th place 10 points
      5 th place 9 points
      6 th place 8 points
      7 th place 7 points
      8 th place 6 points
      9 th place 5 points
      10 th place 4 points
      11 th place 3 points
      12 th place 2 points
      13 th place 1 points
      14 th place 0 points (meaning you would be the first on this map to be without provinces).

It would mean that there is also some sort of a reward for those that outlast others when being defeated while on the defense.

It would also still reward those that end maps in a high position, but will not make it impossible to catch up to someone when you end 6th place and then the next map you end higher. It also takes the amount of players into account. Ending first in a map with 14 players is obviously harder than ending 1st in a map with only 10. This point system would take that into account.

What does everyone think?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Edepedable ().

• There is a fundamental flaw in the scoring system in a sequence of games that encourages people to gang up on the leader based on the prior rounds. Keeping the games anonymous might be the best way to avoid that problem.

another alternative is to arrange for additional recognition aspects that may give people reasons to play other than competing with the top player. This would be something like Best Country Awards. A player in an otherwise dull game may strive for having the highest score as Spain or something like that.