Make the netherlands a playable country in Historic world war

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make the netherlands a playable country in Historic world war

Would you like it as well? 13
        Yes (7) 54%
        No (3) 23%
        Dont care (3) 23%
      I would really like to play as my own country I get that its to small in the normal maps but in historic world war it has more than enough provinces and cities make it happen, please.
    • Hello fellow player,

I personally don't think the Netherlands needs to be on historical maps. Or any other maps to be honest.

The Netherlands as a country played absolutely no significant role during the second world war. On top of that, its military also did not do anything worth mentioning during the second world war.

I understand that it would be fun to play with your own country. It just would not make any sense on historical maps around the time of the second world war as it was occupied German territory at the time. Sorry.

Kind regards,

Edepedable
    • Edepedable wrote:

The Netherlands as a country played absolutely no significant role during the second world war. On top of that, its military also did not do anything worth mentioning during the second world war.
      While this is true for European Netherlands, the role of it's colony, Nederlands Indië (the Dutch East Indies, present-day Indonesia) was not completely negligible. In fact, Japan declared war on the USA mainly for the oil reserves there, and the fact that the USA would never allow them to take it.

As for "worth mentioning", the Battle of the Java Sea (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Java_Sea) may not have been THE most defining moment of WW-2, but it does deserve a mention.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • it would be interesting point, if there were players, which start to play a nation, not to win the map, but achive better performance as it was shown in history! I mean player with Neatherland should be rewarded if he alive even in day 12 or so!

Anyway historical map should be redisign to avoide coalition of GB, Germany and the US or similiars. This set ups gives only very limited chance for other nations, but about 90% chance for these coalitions to win the map.
    • "absolutely no significant role during the second world war. On top of that, its military also did not do anything worth mentioning during the second world war."

First of all, what are you talking about? The role of the Dutch East Indies was vital during the Pacific Theatre and the Dutch navy mounted a significant, if ultimately unsuccessful defence of the archipelago.

Second of all, since when was it necessary for a country to have played an important role in WW2 for it to be made int oa playable country on the Historic Map? That is ridiculous, it is possible to play as neutral countries like Spain and Sweden, countries like Turkey, Mexico and Argentina which only joined the war near the end, as well as countries that never existed in real life, like Xingjiang.

Why, when you can play as these countries, should the Netherlands NOT be playable?? I think it would be great if you could play as the Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, and possibly even Denmark because they have colonial possessions across the world, even if their core is quite small. Also, considering how it is possible to play as Romania, it would definitely be plausible to make Finland or Norway playable too (although I realise their populatinos were much much smaller than Romania's).

Outside of Europe, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and Egypt all have potential as playable countries too.

I assume the game designers don't want too many players (no more than 25 seemingly) playing in the Historic map, but I feel like they could easily remove a country like Xingjiang or Tibet and add a country like the Netherlands or Egypt to spice things up a bit.
    • Floris wrote:

I would really like to play as my own country I get that its to small in the normal maps but in historic world war it has more than enough provinces and cities make it happen, please.
      historic world war is 25p game and its all the large countries facing each other (maybe except Xing Jiang or machakuno but I see them win before.)
      Netherlands is not playable as it would have many resource disadvantages and production disadvantages too.
      hi
    • Edepedable wrote:

Hello fellow player,

I personally don't think the Netherlands needs to be on historical maps. Or any other maps to be honest.

I understand that it would be fun to play with your own country. It just would not make any sense on historical maps around the time of the second world war as it was occupied German territory at the time. Sorry.

Kind regards,

Edepedable
      Other countries that didn't play a significant military role in the war: Xinjiang, Tibet, Turkey, Spain, Sweden, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Mongolia. All of which are playable.

Fennoscandian wrote:

as well as countries that never existed in real life, like Xingjiang.
      Xinjian was actually a mostly independent political unit at the time, though it was known by the name of Sinkiang. Google it before you debate me.
    • Andromeda wrote:

In the 73 player "All countries, all in!" event, you can play as any country that existed in 1939, including the Netherlands.
      that event should be where small countries(50 points) like Manchu, Tibet, Persia,... should be played. Netherlands got 150 points, just simply put some more resources and is big enough to be played.

Actually, Netherlands got an interesting bizarre challenge in it. it is losing your main core to Germany, until you can finally take it back.
    • szinisa wrote:

Anyway historical map should be redisign to avoide coalition of GB, Germany and the US or similiars. This set ups gives only very limited chance for other nations, but about 90% chance for these coalitions to win the map
      The thing is one of them is bound to go inactive anyways. The point is that it is unbalanced and no one expects the small countries to expand and they pay attention to countries like Japan and France. I don't think it would even be possible for the mods to implement this anyway
      nigeo19?
    • True but thats why i don't think Luxembourg should be playable in normal maps. Special maps are special and while i don't know how players manage to thrive but i have seen games were these tiny countries did very well. I have seen Haiti and Switzerland get solo wins on these maps. I guess Luxembourg has to ally with germany and help germany. I like to play as countries like Portugal and Italy i don't like OP or UP countries lol
      nigeo19?
    • nigeo19 wrote:

szinisa wrote:

Anyway historical map should be redisign to avoide coalition of GB, Germany and the US or similiars. This set ups gives only very limited chance for other nations, but about 90% chance for these coalitions to win the map
      The thing is one of them is bound to go inactive anyways. The point is that it is unbalanced and no one expects the small countries to expand and they pay attention to countries like Japan and France. I don't think it would even be possible for the mods to implement this anyway
      Well, a good strategy is to expand when people don't expect it. When I played an all countries round as Siam, I immediately took Burma and Indochina, allied with Japan, got a good share of China, and ended the round with 180 VPs. That was good for 5th place :D
    • nigeo19 wrote:

Only the netherlands. There needs to be a balance of AI countries and also finland is there for the USSR to annex. The other states are too weak
      I think South Africa and Egypt should be player nations too, yes there should be a balance be there are barely any player nations in Africa.
      "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin

Found a bug or need help? Send a ticket here!